A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Boy was I ticked off last night. (long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boy was I ticked off last night. (long rant)

So here's a little rant for you all to take in. Yesterday, like many days, I had to park my car in an indoor temporary parking area where my office is located in Boston. I don't mind parking in this area because it keeps the car out of the elements.

Well yesterday when I went to go home I am approaching my car and almost don't recognize it. My clean Dolphin A4 is covered, almost caked in dirt and dust. My first thought is where the hell did this crap come from. In looking around I see that during the day some heavy equipment has been in and out of the parking area which they are also using as a temporary storage area for some dirt that they are digging up for one of the buildings in the complex that I work. I guess all of the Bobcats and larger front end loaders bringing this dirt in an out of the area stirred up a ton of dust, dirt and sand.

Man was I ripped. My car, which I had just hand washed on Saturday now looked like it was next to Mt. St. Helens after an eruption. I drove straight to the manager's office at the end of the outdoor parking area and went inside to lay into someone about the condition that I found my car in. The manager had left for the day so unfortunately a woman who was in there heard a few explitives out of my mouth.

I would have never parked my car in that area, which they told me to park in that day, had I known there was heavy machinery working in that area. I'd rather have my car outside and get a little dust and pollen on it than have dirt and sand get all over it. I can also understand that if it was a wind storm or an act of god that caused this that I should just go away quietly, but saying the management co. that owns the parking lots and buildings had people working in the area that their tenants are parking I feel that they should be held responsible.

When I speak with the manager today I am going to ask him for compenstation in the form of the cost to have my car hand washed or the amount that they charge to park in that lot for a day. I'll then pocket the money and rewash my car myself tonight.

Luckily it did not appear as if anyone had rubbed up against my car scratching the clear coat. Man you should have seen the sand and dirt streaming off of my car once I left.

I know it may not seem like a big deal to some but I think many of us on this board would feel the same way had they found their rides in the condition mine was last night.

There.. I'm done ranting and I feel better now.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:17 AM

That would have pissed me off royally as well !!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 AM

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! Would of pissed me off also.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ouch but I would have saved the explitives for the Manager.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Looking back I should have spared her, but at the time I'd have swore at my mother I was so ripped.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default man, after you had just washed it too =\

but the good side is that your car's okay =) some people just dont have much respect for cars
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM

Default ouch...that really sucks...

totally feel you man.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Jasper what's up man.

Can you believe that I still haven't put on that 17" wheel I got from you in LA in December. I've been lazy and had to get another new tire on one of the other wheels I had in order to match the new one I got from you. Hopefully next week they'll get on and then I'll send you a pic.

How's your ride treating you? Any new mods?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that is a sketchy lot that you park in....they cram the cars in there

and the "garage" structure is quite unique to itself. Is it an old warehouse?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:42 AM

Default I go through that several times a week here at work...

If it's not the sprinklers flooding all of the roads here on our private campus, it's the grounds crews cutting the grass and blowing all the clippings into the garage!

Quick Reply: Boy was I ticked off last night. (long rant)