A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Competed in my first Auto-X event today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competed in my first Auto-X event today!

Have you ever wondered why you mod your car? I started to ask myself why and almost decided to stay put with my chip and wheels. I couldn't think of any good reason to upgrade my exhaust, suspension, or engine any further. Was it just to beat the car off the line that's sitting next to me at the stop light? After all, what's 250hp at the wheels (my goal) good for if you can't use it?

My friend talked me into attending the SCCA Solo II (Auto-X) event held at the Florida State Fairgrounds today. I have to say it was the most fun I've had with my car ever since I got it. Auto-X is basically you and your car against the clock. The course is set up with cones and you're timed on how fast you get from start to finish, whether you can stay on the course, and if you're able to avoid hitting any cones. It's a blast and everyone here should try it.

Don't want to make this first post long, so I'll post details in a follow-up post...
Old 10-26-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Auto-X results

Overall winner had to be the 04 WRX STI. He did the course in 49 sec when everyone else was averaging 53-55 secs.

Other cars present in various numbers - S2000, Civic, F150 Lightning, 240SX, Miata, Talon, Sentra Spec V, Impreza RS, 280SX, GTI, 911, Stealth

Learned alot about my car during the event. Things like how fast I can take a turn before understeer/oversteer kicks in, braking distance, tire performance, how the car feels at speed when conering and braking, etc.

I have video from the event, but no way to upload it yet. When I get it online I'll post it here.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:07 PM

Default here's how i do it...

learn bout ur stock first, and then upgrade suspension + tires

think bout power later because, u need the skills for the new suspension and tires set up too

power is just fun for street...i think
and 250hp at wheel is quite a lot of 1.8T?