A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Contract question on my leased Audi

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contract question on my leased Audi

The Audi is my first car under my own name using my own credit. Previous cars were under parents. So anyway, dealer gets me into this car around September 2004. I use it for a few weeks and dealer calls me back saying they couldn't get me approved with Audi/VW Financial so there was the possibility of them taking the car back.

At the same time I see my credit was ran by VW at least 3 times because each time I receive the denial letter. Then finally after a month of driving, dealer calls me back saying they were able to get approved with VW and let me re-sign the papers.

I go back and sign, but checking the contract. They did increase the residual by a few hundreds, BUT allocated a lot more to the downpayment which can be reimbursed at the end of lease.

At the same time they moved the start of the lease date from September 2004 to October 2004. At this time I already accumulated a few thousand miles within 1 month. But the contract still indicated the original miles as the September contract. Granted I'm still the one who accumulated all those miles in one month, it still isn't true with the fact that they moved the contract date to one month later.

My questions:

1. Is this move of contract from one month later (the month I finally got approved by Audi/VW) fair or legal? Bearing in mind that the whole 1 month I was driving it, it so happened I wasn't approved at all to lease the car. But this is dealer's fault because they when I signed, I drove off without any problems.

2. If I decide to buy the car after lease, so I get this refund back still?

3. I did accumulate the thousands of miles in 1 month, but is it correct to reflect to actual miles of the car by October? This may sound stupid because I was the one who accumulated the miles.

Thanks for any feedback and violent reactions.