A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Does anyone know about "FK cup kits"

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know about "FK cup kits"

I'm on stock non-sport suspension and was looking for a cup kit and a local shop recommended FK high tech kit with 50mm/40mm drop or 40mm/35. They have a good price I just have not heard much talk about them on here, it's always neuspeed bilstein or eibach
Old 03-14-2003, 04:39 PM

I know about H&R cup kits and that is the way to go if you wanna save $$$ from going coilovers
Old 03-14-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: FK set up

I was just trying to find out if the FK set up is reliable or if anybody else has tried them. Plus I don't know anybody selling H&R cup kits, everybody says they haven't shipped yet or something like that
Old 03-14-2003, 07:22 PM

Default I only know of the company. Not very established in US. A few places sell them.

They make a lot of stuff though and a lot of it seems/looks kind of cheap. I could not say how reputable their suspension systems are. Never heard anything. They look nice.

Personally, I think the H&R Cup Kit is a better way to go then the typical "off the shelf" shock/spring combo. Sure, they work. But they were not designed to work together. I want something that is more app specific and was designed as a whole (like Coil Overs). Plus, the H&R Cup Kit lowers more then sport springs, but not quite as much as race springs. I think it has a more level drop F/R, then when compared to some others.

When I was looking into the H&amp;R Cup Kit and their new PCS Coil Overs, I found out that there is no stock for either of them from H&amp;R US. They informed me that it will be 4-6 weeks perhaps. And the PCS CO's are not produced yet. Tire Rack told me 2-3 weeks for Cup Kit.<ul><li><a href="http://www.fk-automotive.com/en/">FK</a></li></ul>
Old 03-14-2003, 07:37 PM

Default Re: I only know of the company. Not very established in US. A few places sell them.

I want something reliable with out spending over a grand for the set up. I hear good things about HR but nobody has them. The shop that offered them is NGP in aberdeen md and they seem reputable and the price was awesome
Old 03-14-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Then the H&R Cup Kit is probably the best solution....

And like I said; H&amp;R US says maybe 4-6 weeks. Tire Rack 2-3 weeks.

It will take some searching to find a place that has them in stock from the last shipment- though most likely no one will. I have contacted some places and one did not even show them made for my car. Everyone just seems to be very behind for our car. All the "off the shelf" spring/shock combos are easier to produce and get to market sooner. So if you want something designed as a whole unit; you have to wait and pay the cost.

What was the price from NGP?<ul><li><a href="http://www.hrsprings.com/">HR</a></li></ul>
Old 03-14-2003, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have the H&amp;R cup kit bought it in feb from tire rack. Going to install next week at NGP.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

have you seen them on? putting mine on but haven't seen anyone with them yet?
Old 03-15-2003, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Then the H&R Cup Kit is probably the best solution....

They wanted 545.00 plus whatever installation is
which is really
Old 03-15-2003, 07:28 AM

Default Finally. Someone with the Cup Kit....

So I guess you were fortunate to get yours, as it seems there is no stock of them in the US now. Strange that there is no other mention of a B6'r w/ them. I think they are an excellent answer for those wanting to lower their car and get something a bit different (in terms of drop amount, F/R level &amp; a complete package). Hope they work out for you.

May I ask what you paid? I was quoted $616 from Tire Rack. Also, what color are they (black springs w/ silver shocks)? Can you take pictures of the kit, and your car before and after? That will be nice to see and compare. What suspension do you have now and wheel/tire size?

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about "FK cup kits"