A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Everybody!! I NEED YOUR HELP/OPINIONS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everybody!! I NEED YOUR HELP/OPINIONS!!

I secured a quote for 3% over invoice. I want an A4 1.8T, CVT, Sprots Package, Moonroof, dolphin gray. The dealer does not have this vehicle in stock with these exact specs. He has or may be able to get one with quattro and tip with these specs. I test drove both the CVT and the quattro/tip and felt that the quattro felt very sluggish. The CVT on the other hand moves out!! Although I would love to have quattro I just didn't like the lag I felt when I hit the pedal. Should I just settle for the Quattro or order CVT from factory? Those of you with Quattro/tip how do you like it? Is it enough power for you?
Old 03-06-2002, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Get a Stick! more...

I think this car performs best with a manual. I think I remember a thread that spoke about the CVT and if you chip your car this transmission may not work so well. (This is not my statement I read it somewhere on Audiworld)

Also don't settle for what the dealer has unless you need a car right away. Get the car exactly the way you want it! (took 2 1/2 months to get car) I ordered mine with exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately I did not read this forum b4 I bought my car, and I don't have the sport package!! I know, I know, dumbest decision I have ever made.

02 A4 1.8T Dolphin Grey/Platinum, Xenon's, Vag mods (Fogs & Windows), 30% Titanium Tint all around, Sport Rims and Susp. on the Way!!! Rockford enhanced on the way!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:38 AM

Default At this point in the game...

If you are going to order and you can wait a little longer I would wait until the 2003 models come out. Even though there is no word on it specifically who knows when a CVT quattro will come out, maybe next year or two years. Also there will definitely be some enhancements...3% over invoice probably won't be possible at first though. For performance measures, I probably should have went with quattro b/c I live in Northeast USA but I didn't want to wait for the CVT quattro and I wanted an auto this time around, besides this winter you didn't need quattro anyway (keep the global warming coming). If you want one right now then I would get one off the lot of the dealer, you would probably get a better deal at this point in the game. My personal opinion...the CVT is SMOOTH and resonsive, that is why I got it.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Raistlin

Sport Rims and Susp. on the Way!!!
What are you getting? Rims? Susp?
Old 03-06-2002, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dustin A4

I am in the process of acquiring the stock 17" sport rims and the stock sport suspension.

02 A4 1.8T MT Dolphin/Platinum, Xenon's, Vag mods (Fogs & Windows) 30% Titanium Tint all around, Sport Rims & Susp on the way, Rockford enhanced on the way!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: At this point in the game...

I would wait for 2003's, but they probably won't come until November!! I need a car by summer! Preferably sooner! Thanks for your opinion! How do you like the CVT? I live in the North East too (NJ).
Old 03-06-2002, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks

Did you order the parts form the dealer?
I heard you need more then Springs & Shocks.
Sway bar? And some plastic/rubber stop? Not 100% sure.

Just wondered b/c I plan to do the same thing.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:11 AM

I live in Poughkeepsie, NY but bought the car from Long Branch, NJ because I am from that area and personally feel more comfortable there. Anyway I love the CVT. I got it with the 3.0 and it is really smooth and the tip is very responsive. If you are looking for it with the 1.8 I can imagine it working very well combined with a turbo. Maybe I can't go through a turn at 40 as people with quattro can but I can still do better than most cars by going through at 25. If you have never driven an all wheel drive car before you will think the car handles great with front wheel drive. And like others said you shouldn't chip the CVT but if that is not in the plans I would wait out and special order....get what you want. I wouldn't be happy with a sluggish car. Imagine what it will feel like in 3-4 years from now when cars are coming out with horsepower in the low-mid 200's. Oh and what you are feeling now is before 1000 miles. The car really does loosen up and accellerate better after that.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am not sure about the extra parts....

I was thinking the same thing. I am getting the parts from someone who has the sport pkg who is getting 19"s and Eibach to lower a little more.

I was hoping that you could just swap with existing parts. I am going to have to do some more research. I should be getting the rims and susp. soon. But was not planning on installing till end of april or beginning of may. I will post what happens or if I find out b4 the install I will post.

02 A4 1.8T MT Dolphin/Platinum, Xenon's, Vag mods (Fogs & Windows) 30% Titanium Tint all around, Sport Rims & Susp on the way, Rockford enhanced on the way!
Old 03-06-2002, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I bet the CVT with the 3.0 is awesome! Thats out of my budget though. I guess you have a point about the car loosening up after a while. Its not like I'll be drag racing or anything. I just like having a little power and quick accelaration at my diposal. Decisions Decisions!

Quick Reply: Everybody!! I NEED YOUR HELP/OPINIONS!!