A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

friend says audi is not as reliable as MB or BMW. What can i say back to him?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I try to ignore those comments, especially since most of the time they come people

completely inept.

I mean, lets be honest. We didn't buy this car for image, otherwise we would have gone to BMW. I hope you weren't expecting otherwise. When I told a few friends of the family I was buying an Audi, they acted like it was a Hyundai. I got a lot of "Why?" comments. The second I mentioned BMW, everyone's eyes lit up.

That's just the way it is. So, if your friend is going to be ignorant and only listen to what consumer reports says, let him go ahead and spend his cash on a Benz. But, I'll tell you. I've seen better build quality in a Civic than the C Class.

Audi is not perfect, but it's better than MB and about on par if not slightly better than BMW. None of them are anything to write home about.

Mike
Old 03-20-2003, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Suggest he checks out the fit and finish of all three brands at the dealers.

Running your hands over almost any part of an Audi after doing the same of the BMW and MBZ will do something to increase confidence in Audi build quality over the other two.
Drive train reliability is such a close call on these three brands. They all have the occasional bad apple, but mostly they are all superb compared with most other brands.
Audi wins with the lack of squeaks and rattles.

When you add up everything you get for your buck, it's difficult not to prefer the A4 over the 3 series or C class.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:59 PM

Default I would have to disagree. Ive owned a BMW, a Mercedes and Audi, Benz Service was the best by far!

Ive had my worst experience with Audi service. Like my car sitting at the dealer for 27 days (coils) then getting the car back with a scraped front end, rusted rotors (had to be replaced) and my Armani sunglasses were stolen. Not to mention ive had a dealer told me to F-off before. By far the best experiences Ive had is with Mercedes service. They always ahev taken care of me and made sure I was happy. BMW were jerks pretty much after the car left the lot.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tell him to look up alldata.com and compare.

It's not the end to the argument, but it is a good indicator.