A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

HAHAHA...saw a G35 getting towed in a no parking zone today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAHAHA...saw a G35 getting towed in a no parking zone today...

...the individual had enough gaul to park at a meter and not pay...let's see how fast that G35 is on the back of a tow truck!

Pretty blue paint color...on an ugly car!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

sumbudy has a chip on his shoulder about G35s.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I walked towards a parked G35 on the road in Charlotte tonight and from the rear it looked like...

$HIT!

And as we walked by the side of it I asked my GF if she "liked that car?" Her reponse was "no."

It seems to get lost among other cars in an everyday setting. Looks like just another Japanese sedan -- pure vanilla.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:22 PM

Damn you guys need to chill. I love my A4, but I respect the choice that other folks make.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:48 AM

Default Maybe just a little chip...but why can't I comment on the competition? Especially when the...

design is ugly?
Old 08-08-2002, 06:30 AM
DRG

Default Main problem with such comments ...

... is simply that posts about opinions on aesthetics are subjective, apply onto to the person posting and have no bearing on what other people might think. So, it makes the post a bit useless to anyone. It's like writing that you really love vanilla. Great. But so what?
Old 08-08-2002, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Stop the hating

What is this, a Bimmer board or something? Infiniti finally produces a car that has risen to the top of its class, and all a few people can do is hate on it. Come on, Audi enthusiasts are better than that. Not cool...
Old 08-08-2002, 08:24 AM

Default Isn't that what forums are for?...Opinions, questions, concerns?...

You are right in that it is subjective...but aren't some of the opinions in the car mags too?
Old 08-08-2002, 08:29 AM

Default Give me a break...I had made one subjective comment and some people are ...

..making a mountain out of a mole hill. I made the comment because I saw the individual park their car with a smirk on their face as I drove by. It has nothing to do with whether one is "cool" or not. It is purely a subjective comment...

...and the G35 was on my list but the deal breaker was the aesthetics.

Touchy Touchy
Old 08-08-2002, 08:55 AM
DRG

Default Of course ...

I was really referring only to aesthetics. If a trained driver was sharing his experience in the form of giving an opinion on a car's handling, I'd find that very useful. After all, such people are really basing their opinions on real experience with factors that impact the way in which a car moves. I find aesthetic opinions somewhat less useful, since they are based on much broader and more vague standards (unless you know the person and thus know his/her taste). Of course, if it's all in good fun, who cares. Just no flame wars over aesthetic opinions, please.

I've already said more than the subject deserves, I'm sure, and have come across as a stick-in-the-mud. I'll shut up now.

Quick Reply: HAHAHA...saw a G35 getting towed in a no parking zone today...