A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

HELP!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I was driving a 2002 A4 on a highway when the "oil pressure low" warning came on. Immediately taking it to a nearby gas station, I found that the oil level was too low, refilled it, and continued driving for one hour or so until the same warning beeped again.

Then I stopped the car, checked the oil level, which turned out to be ok. After I started the engine, the signal did not come on and I thought it was just a problem with the warning system and started driving.

About an hour later, the warning came on again. I stopped the car for a while, gave it some rest, and started driving, but this time the signal did not die out. Since my home was just 15~ 20 min.s away, I drove back to home.

HELP!!!
What's wrong with my car??? What should I do with my car? Tow it to the dealer? Or drive it there?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default let it cool down for a while, then drive it to the dealer...

Sometimes it can be nothing; I've had warning lights come on and nothing was ever wrong. But have it checked anyway just to be safe. And I assume you out the correct weight oil in, right?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dude stop right now. Oil related problems are well known on the 1.8Ts in Audis and Passats...

You could cause very serious damages to the engine and turbo. You have signs of the OIL SLUDGE problems. Call your dealer and inquire what as to be done to fix it. VAG will warranty this problem if you kept up with their scheduled maintenance/oil change requirements as per the owner's manual. You will need your service records showing when and at what mileage the oil changes were done.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ^^^^Please listen to this man. If you pull up to the dealership and let them know...

the oil pressure came on not once, but three times now and you decided to drive it there you will receive NO warranty assistance as it clearly states in their warranty book and manual to stop driving the car when this occurs and have the car brought in for service. cheers! Mike
Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 AM

glad I read this thread
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yup
Old 07-04-2006, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default check if the light goes out just by lifting the bonnet or hood

my car thinks its needed oil for about 2 years - its wrong ofcourse because I've done 40,000 miles in that time. Its just a sensor on the bonnet (sorry hood) catch that needs replacing.

However, this is just my car - follow all the sensible advice given previously.