A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

How Mad Should I Be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I mention that he drove the car for about fifteen miles...

before I picked it up. For someone who claims to be an enthusiast and who drives these cars all the time, he should have caught it.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah, but a 5 is a passing grade, and everything else is considered a failure rating.

Some people have stated to me point blank that they never give top ratings no matter how good the service and product might be - feeling there is always something more that could be done to "wow" them.

I used to hate asking that - but you have to, or some people won't realize how it works. You can knock your socks off running to get everything perfect, have a perfect delivery with happy people, and then still only get a 4 because people don't realize how ths system works.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It should be changed then

because half the time when the dealer asks me to give them a 5 I feel like giving them less because I find it rude for them to tell me how to score them without knowing how I really felt.

Crescent City Motors in New Orleans never asks me to do that, and when they went that extra mile for me when my coils needed replacing, I made sure to give them that 5 star rating. They earned it.

Champion in Pompano asks for me to do that, and if they didn't give me good service, I think it'd bother me more.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:47 AM

Default Audi's rating system is flawed; 5 or you suck & you lose $ is unjust and silly......

Why not a 10 or 100 point scale? The higher the rating then the higher the payout to the sales person. I wouldn't work for a company that compensated me based on a 5 point scale. It puts salepersons in an awkward position and creates customer resentment when we're told or asked to rate them high. If my sales guy told me that his comp. was directly tied to what I told the woman on the phone then I would have given him a 5 and not a 4. I didn't think he was perfect or 100%. He was very good. I thought it was simply a follow-up call for survey purposes. We did joke with me to give him all 5's when I got the call and I said yeah but I was intoxicated and overjoyed with getting my new A4 at the time so I totally forgot what he said later that week. Now, this is coming from a guy that got grilled from his salesperson (he called me at work) for not giving him and the dealer all 5s so you know I do empathize with his/your situation. I still like him though and apologized for costing him money b/c he was did his job well overall. Now I just hope he d/n take it out on my car when it's in for service.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So that WAS your problem with your bouncy suspension. Glad you figured it out.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It is dumb. If someone has a problem, I usually suggest they

inform the person in charge of that dept directly and warn them that they could face a less than perfect score.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:55 AM

Could that be perceived as a threat and cause more problems for you and your car??
Old 05-19-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: So that WAS your problem with your bouncy suspension

If you look below on the board, woofpup already called me out on that one. I gave an explanation. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah yes, I didn't see it. Glad you figured it out.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Depends how you approach it.

Something to the effect of saying, "You know, I bet you guys could get an even better service score, if you did X." or "I know I'd feel better about giving you folks top scores if you did X."

Just put yourself in their shoes, and figure out how to say it so it doesn't sound threatening, but rather helpful in a sensible way.

Quick Reply: How Mad Should I Be?