A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I'm pissed. I'm a mad driver from now on. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm pissed. I'm a mad driver from now on. (long)

Okay, it's not an annoying jeremiad that you hear from ladies in the talk shows. It's a short story of a frustrated Audi owner under hot a$$ sun.

I purchaced A4 3.0 CVT last sunday and picked it up on monday. Well, it turns out that the car originally came with an unpleasant problem. The damn air bag had problem.

Went to the dealer on Wednesday to drop it off and they said it is a minor problem that I don't need to worry about. Well, I just hate having a new car with problems. They probably knew about the problem but sold it anyways... makes me really mad.

Anyways, they called me on thursday saying the car's ready and went to pick it up. But, when I was about to go into the car, the service man says it's not ready. The airbag in the steering wheel needs to be replaced.. wtf? minor problem, my a$$!. If I got into an accident and the airbag doesn't deploy, then what the hell happens? It's a SERIOUS problem. Again, the service man says it's going to be ready today. pissed.

I am more pissed now cuz I tried to reach him three times and every time I called, the secretary b*tches for no reason and couldn't talk to the service guy due to various lame excuses. Finally got him on the phone and he says the part didn't come and I'll have to come on monday. Damn. Only drove the brand new car for 50~60 miles. For an entire week, can't even see a glimpse of the new car.

I don't know about other Audi owners... but I'm not happy at all from the beginning. The dealer's making it tough. I might as well go to subservient GM dealer who didn't bother me for sh*t for years.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default im sorry to hear that man..

the dealer can ruin the whole audi experience. find a new dealer for service. where do you live?
Old 07-12-2002, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Remember this is an Audi...not a Honda or Toyota....many of us consider problems the norm.

If you had a "smart" dealer, he would have removed the air bag from an unsold lot car and replaced yours. About 30 minute job!!!! If you get in an accident you will probably own the dealership, then you can run it correctly!
Old 07-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default better than those 911s a few years back...

where the airbag would deploy when hitting the horn!
I can understand how they wouldn't hand over a car with the airbags not working -- huge risk for them.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:56 PM

Default Sorry to hear that, stick with it, it's worth it...

I understand your frustration completely, I would be the same way. It's a bummer the way you seemingly can't get straight information from the dealer, that sure doesn't make it any easier.

Hopefully this is the only thing wrong and you'll have many years of enjoyment.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:00 PM

it's a nice ride so once it's fixed, you will forget all about it.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool your jets, cadet. Mine threw a coil cable this morning and went into...

...limp mode. Chugged the three miles to the dealer, ate their donuts, got my valet key programmed, and had a "supervised" wash. Was back off to work in ~3 hours. No hassle. Service Writer (Greg) and the tech (Mike) were great! Stuff happens. Enjoy the warranty.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:44 PM

Kinda throws water on the flame of opinion that thought the port delay was due to coil fixes :-\
Old 07-12-2002, 04:47 PM

5500 trouble-free miles here, but lately, nearly every car delivered has had a problem. Very bad
Old 07-12-2002, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Could be summer vacation for experienced workers and/or hang-overs from watching the world-cup?

Quick Reply: I'm pissed. I'm a mad driver from now on. (long)