A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Installed the APR Snub mount tonight. Dont know why you all have been complaining NO rough idle!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed the APR Snub mount tonight. Dont know why you all have been complaining NO rough idle!

Yup I guess APR wasnt bull****ting. Its fine, there is absolutly no vibrations at idle. The installation was a sinch, only bad part was I put the Snub mount on backwards the first time and it was hell to get it back off.

I think this might be why some of you have vibrations at idle. There is no pictures or instructions on which end is suppose to go in first. I just looked at the picture best I could and tried that end. Well when I put it on the bracket for the Snub mount was sticking through the other end of the mount. Obviously this is a bad thing because then the metal would be hitting metal. So I had to pry it off which was a pain and put in on the other way.

Well there is no vibration or rough idle at all! I took the car for a spin and everything was great! There is alot less slack when driving and shifting is smoother. You know when your in fifth gear and you step on the gas and let off you get that "thud" as you feel the engine slap back and forth? Well that has been reduced greatly, its still there but not as bad.

Everytime I stopped at a light I tried to feel/hear anything out of the norm and seriously I could barely tell the engine was running and Im not exagerating. Yes the mount does help, does it make a world of a difference? No not really. Would I buy it again? Probably, it was only $50 and the install was a easy. I will post more opinions and updates on the vibration after I drive the car so more. But if any of you are holding back because you think your car will vibrate at idle, well... mine doesnt
Old 02-21-2003, 08:10 PM

I hope your opinion doesn't change when it gets a little colder.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:13 PM

Default Yes thats what I was thinking, but like everything as you drive it will warm up anyways.

I was worried about that too and I will post later when Ive had more to go by as it isnt too cold right now. But even if it did start to vibrate as it got cold, it would eventually warm up from friction and go back to normal. Besides the car runs and sounds like **** when its cold anyways so it wouldnt make a difference.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Sounds good...thanks for the info & keep us posted.....

I was considering the Neuspeed Snubby just because I have a lot of experience with their products. So about how long would you estimate it takes to install (when done correctly)? And what tools? Done from underneath?
Old 02-21-2003, 10:47 PM

Default I just installed my Neuspeed snub today........

If mechanically challenged person like me can do it, anyboby can do it. The hardest part is taking off the bottom panel. Once u get that off, you will see the torque arm mounted against the oilpan on the right side. Just take off the 3 6mm hex bolts and take off the 3 13mm nuts from the mount and just replace it with the new snub mount. The Neuspeed snub mount comes with directions so it's fool proof.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:38 PM

Default Cool. I wanted to get an idea how hard it was. I am mechanically inclined, but I usually prefer my

local dealer or local VW/Audi shop to do my installs for labor/install warranty, plus they know the car. So just in case there is a problem, they will help me out and take care of it and not just blame the part. They have been very good with taking care of my aftermarket mod/upgrades on my other car.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just to clarify, there are only 3 socket head cap screws (allen head bolts)...

holding the mount onto the engine. No nuts involved. You will need allen wrenches.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:10 AM

Default Took me 30minutes take my sweet time.

All you need is a flat head screw driver, 6mm allen bolts, and 10mm socket wrench. Oh and of course a jack and some jack stands/ramps.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:12 AM

You would be able to do this yourself. Its pretty easy.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:35 AM

too bad for me... i have ALOT of vibration with the APR mount.

Quick Reply: Installed the APR Snub mount tonight. Dont know why you all have been complaining NO rough idle!