A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

just got F*UCKED out of a new A4 I was going to buy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got F*UCKED out of a new A4 I was going to buy...

I placed a $1000 deposit last week on a new 2005 Brilliant Red A4 1.8TQ, Ultra, Premium, Lighting. Today I got a call from the dealer saying that the car that they were going to get me is no longer available. To top things off... there are no other cars in CA out there that are what I want.

Now I realize that I am being a little picky since I could settle for getting a more equipped car (apparently there is ONE like this with the Sirius Sat. package) but I don't really think I should have to pay for something I don't really want just because the G*D DAMN dealer was too incompitent to secure the car I wanted AND already gave them money for.

So I think that I am left to place a special order for one at a DIFFERENT dealer.

I have seen a few posts recently about the new 2005 order sheets which, from what it sounds like to me, will incorporate not only new engine options and packages, but the new body style as well. I don't want to order one if I have to get this new body style.

So my ultimate question is: if I place an order for a 2005 A4, do I have to get the new body style.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default the NEW body will be 2005.5 so unless ur getting ur car after the new year..

u will be getting the same body style as the rest of us here..

get the XM and make them pay for it. thats what i did
Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

the 2005.5s are still about 7-8 months away.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm sure since the new style hasn't been publically released, you won't have to worry about it.....

youl'll still get a B6
Old 08-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Default i'd say go back to the dealer, spec out another car and see if they won't give you a discount

seeing as its not what you originally requested and you already gave them some money
Old 08-30-2004, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why do you care that the car is in CA (m)

Have the dealer try and locate one the way you want it in the entire US. They can do that you know. My car came from 1/2 the country away (only one in the US at the time).
Old 08-30-2004, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm guessing your near either LA or SF...so read this:

Back in Q4 2001 I was in the market for an '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Black ext (interior didn't matter), with the newly released 4.7L HO engine.

Went to my local dealer (in Chicago) who had been servicing my '98 Grand Cherokee Limited. Since I have this thing about buying the car from where it gets serviced, I asked them to find me the aforementioned '02 Jeep. Not only did they not have anything on their lot, but they also said that no dealers around had what I was looking for either. (It's not like I was looking for mint green with maroon polka-dots!)They told me the best they could do was get a dark charcoal color.

Not pleased with the answer, I decided to hop in my '98 and drive around to the various dealers here in Chicago and the outlying burbs. I didn't need to visit more than 3 dealerships before I found my 2002 GCL, in black, with the 4.7L HO engine.

I picked that Jeep up on the spot and then went back to my original dealer and questioned them why they couldn't get that Jeep. It seems car dealers will only trade with their other "friend" car dealers. Also keep in mind that Ultra is a little bit more rare in your case, so dealers are probably more reluctant to let those go. If a dealer sells more Ultras--guess what--that dealer will be alloted more Ultras by Audi for their future inventories.

Therefore, my recommendation is to call or drive around to the different dealers to see if they have what you're looking for. And being in CA, I'd say your chances are excellent--or marginally better if you lived in Topeka, KS.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Buy a Kia instead
Old 08-31-2004, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no new body style. don't believe the hype.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:12 AM

Default They can do a search outside of CA you know....

and have it trucked in. Mine came from Utah. Contact Beverly Hills Audi. They were the ONLY dealer (out of some 10 SoCal dealers) that actually found what I wanted, while the rest couldn't find it.