A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

New name, new sig...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New name, new sig...

That is all.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

OMG ur car looks sick, and its inspiring how modded ur car is....
Old 01-17-2003, 06:57 PM

Default Nice ride! I'd like your input/opinion on a few of your mods if you would

#1, are the CPP links available for sale? Do they use heim joints (ball ends) instead of bushings?

#2, how is your sparco seat for daily driving/use? Did you get the carbon one? or the fiberglass one? how much does it weigh? how much weight did you save over stock?

#3, how did you get your brake bias sorted? Is it stock? did you slot the rear rotors yourself?

#4, which set of tires is the best? if one set is better for a particular condition/track, which ones work the best in which conditions? what pressures are you using?

I'm really interested in finding out a bit about your experiences with your equipment

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

WOW, what a set up!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that ownz!!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I knew you were going to call me on this...

I won't be able to give you all answers to night, but I will try in the next few days.

#1 Yes you can buy them, Talk to Dave Dyson (owner)at Customs Performance products, phone number 510-364-2966, see their products on the web, www.customperf.com. These parts are a work of art! Same type of design as in F1 and CART cars. By the way Dave was on Discovery channel's MONTER GARAGE this week with is project and Dave owns one of the most prepared S4 out there.

# 2 Love it for everyday driving, longest trip so far 3 1/2 hours , no problem. Fiberglass. I will have to get back to you on how much it weighs but I can tell you the stock seat is much , much heavier.

# 3 Did not work on the brake bias so it is stock. I'm not a pro so I leave the ABS on to save those Hoosiers but I can tell you that I had some much better driver take the car around some different courses and they told me the ABS does not get in the way at all. We have guys in our club that have WRXs and they pull the C/B for the ABS because it slows them down. Both front and rear rotors were slotted by a pro with the proper machines. When I change my rotors I will most likely go back to crossdrill.

#4 You can open a can of worms with this one. Basically when I autocross I use the Hoosiers nothing sticks like Hoosiers and I use the Kumhos for track days or Solo1 type events. Tire pressures and suspension set-up and what type of event go hand in hand. Way too long to explain here.

Back to the seat, for our winter use I took the Sparco out so I will try to weigh it for you with the custom made aluminum base and side mounted aluminum brackets.

Because of winter most of my mods are removed, Body kit , coilovers, CPP links, brakes ect...

Hope that answers some of your questions.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More info on the CPP links

The set-up I had last summer with the H&R coilovers and the CPP was the following for the front: -2.5 on the camber, 8.0 on the caster and almost 0 toe in. In the back -1.3 on the camber and again almost 0 toe in. With the right tire pressure up front to make the front end stick and with the rear pressure set high this car could danse around the pylons like you would not believe. Want oversteer you've got oversteer. Power oversteer, step on the gas pedal and turn the steering wheel. Four wheel drift in a long sweeping turn, no problem. Donuts with lots of smoke, again no problem and all this with Hoosiers and on dry pavement. Of course you must deactivate the ESP. What a feeling to be sitting right on the edge in a curve with the tail end just drifting out. Man I can't wait for summer!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:22 PM

Default Thanks alot! That really helps! Keep me posted on how things go with your development.

I'm working on getting my car happy with the track. Next major area of work is my brakes. I'm almost afraid to track the car with the stock brakes. Should I be? I'm also wondering how long my SP9090s are gonna last on the track. I'm probably going to melt them in one weekend. I'm going to try and take it easy, but who knows. I've had the car out on the vegas speedway infield track, but I didn't push it hard at all. The upcoming spring mountian track day will be my first real run down with the car.

Once again, I really appreciate your input. Also, I totally realize what a big subject setup/tires are, so I didn't expect to get a complete rundown on all of that

As for a sparco seat, I'm planning on a pair of roadster seats, as these are very lightweight, more street oriented, and I'm not putting in a roll cage anyway, so a full race seat with a 5 point would be kind of overkill for one, and I've heard that it's not a good idea to use a full 5-6 point harness without a roll cage since it will hold you upright in the event of a crash.

Anyway, I'm planning on a 4 point harness just to hold me in the seat, but I may not even need it if the seat holds me really well.

I was also wondering about your brackets for your seats? Who did them, and if they could fabricate a set for me, without having my car/seats?

Thanks in advance

and PS, you knew that *I* specifically was gonna call you on your mods? Am I getting a rep or something?
Old 01-18-2003, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Are you thinking about going with one of the standard big brake kits? RPI Equipped...

Has Wilwood brake kits that they have been working with. They don't have a fitment for the B6 yet, but I think it should just be a matter of making an adapter plate for the calipers. The weight of these kits is what really gets my attention. What do you guys think?
Old 01-18-2003, 12:08 PM

What's the $$$ on the wilwood calipers? Right now I'm looking at a BIRA setup.

Quick Reply: New name, new sig...