A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

One year anniversary and commentary...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default One year anniversary and commentary...

Today the car turned one year old. It's hard to believe the time has gone by so quick. But it's been a great marriage so far. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned (5th car). I have only taken it back to the dealer for a rattle and it was fixed. Routine maintanance has been a cinch and the treatment at the dealership has been trouble-free (Keyes). The car itself handles better than I will ever need it too. The sport package is not too harsh at all. Acceleration with the 1.8T CVT could be better, but it's more than adequate for most applications in normal driving conditions. Fuel economy has matched exactly what my sticker said. Sometimes a little less on the road and often more than advertised on the highway. The interior and leather is wearing extremely well. My friend got a TSX the same time I got the A4 and his leather is starting to crack already on the edge of the seat. I have zero wear on mine, but I am a bit on the lighter side (130) which may have something to do with it. Tires (Pirelli's) are wearing out a little faster than I had figured, but for a summer tire, it's to be expected. At 12k miles, I estimate they are about 30% worn. I have been rotating every 5k miles. Paint looks fantastic, but the waxing is responsible for that. As a test, I left my dealer plate on the front for a while recently and people who know my car came up to me and asked if I got a new car again. (the experiment worked) So it still looks new. No leaks, no dings, no dents, no accidents (avoided many by a hair), no other problems to report so far. Just some very minor rattles and creaks that I think every car is going to have over time. Really a great car in every way and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. This was definitely a big step up from my B5 Passat. Now I anticipate what the facelift A4 will look like for next spring. It could go either way. If it has a huge grille that doesn't look elegantly integrated, I think our current B6's could be classics. But if they are nicely styled and not too in your face, it's going to be something to look into. Till then, it's happy driving.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great to hear that everything is going so well!

My car turns two at the end of the month. Up until three months ago the car was as tight as a drum! Today I have some door seal noises when the car goes over bumps, that's it.