A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Picked up my A4 3.0 Tip yesterday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my A4 3.0 Tip yesterday!!!!

I'm so excited! Dealership experience was great (except for the actual delivery day- another time) They had the exact car i wanted (with an extra option or two) right on the lot:

A4 3.0 quattro tip, light silver metallic, ebony leather, sport package, premium package, heated front/rear seats, Bose, Sunroof, Zenon, and power rear sunshade. I'm loving it! I can't wait until the car is 'broken in'.

My dealer wouldn't recode any modules, so it looks like i'm ordering a VAG-COM. Too bad he's on vacation until next tuesday. Anyone near central CT that can hook me up sooner?

Tints coming soon (within next week or so) I'll post pics if ppl are interested.

I'm planning to hardwire my radar detector (did in last car) any recommendations on a fuse that is ignition controlled?

So how long do you guys take it really easy for the break in. It seems like 1000 miles will take forever (not really).

I love my new car.

looks like i've got lots of forum threads to 'catch up' on

looking forward to making my car 'mine'

A4 3.0 quattro tip, light silver metalic, ebony leather, sport, premium, zenon, bose, sunroof, heated seats, sun shades.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:33 PM

Default Hartford area here...

Don't have Vag-Com either, but I'm interested. Picked up my 3.0 last week. Interesting dealer experience too. Keep in touch.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hartford area here as well ...I have same car w/6 speed manual ...Nice! Congrats...Enjoy!
Old 04-16-2002, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Hartford area here as well ...I have same car w/6 speed manual ...Nice! Congrats...Enjoy!

Mine's a 3.0 Quattro, MT6, Ebony Pearl w/Beige Leather, Premium Pack, Sport Pack, Zenon, Sunroof, Heated Seats and Bose. I'll be lookin' for ya!
Old 04-16-2002, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Hartford area here...

did you get yours at Hoffman?

nice ride! we should all meet for lunch some day.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Hartford area here as well ...I have same car w/6 speed manual ...Nice! Congrats...Enjoy!

NICE!!!

us hartford folks shold do lunch some day.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Hartford area here...

I did. Got kinda pissed off at Hoffman and almost went to Valenti, but Hoffman finally came through with the car and price. And they are more convenient. So I stayed with them. Lunch would be cool. Have to find someplace where we can park them all together.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:13 AM

Default Hoffman issues

hehe, i was thinking about all our cars lined up too.

so what happened to you at hoffman?

i was pretty fine with things up to delivery.

then that day the car wasn't ready at noon like they said it would be. it wasn't even ready by 2:30 when i had to get back to work. They did give me a A4 3.0 loaner, and offered to drive my new car to my office, but i wanted to be the the first real driver.

then yesterday (day 2) someone pointed out that the driver side rear window trim piece was damaged- will need to be replaced. they should not have missed that

they wouldn't recode my car, sigh, can't relly be mad about that since AoA does not allow it officially.

and lastly i wasn't real impressed with the cleanliness of the car, especially considering that they had all day to do it- there was tire shine stuff sprayed all over the rims, and that stuff loves brake dust. I had to wipe the rims with a terry cloth towes yesterday with only 50 really easy miles on the car, ther rims looked that bad. and under the hood had tons of little stems and other parts of the trees that are over the storage lot in the back. one would think that they could have spend 60 seconds under the hood with a compressed air jet. And they never cleaned the black mark off the driver side a-pillar.

i left a message for my guy over there, he's off on tuesdays, and plan to call him and straighten things out today.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice! Another Hartford area guy here. Let me know if you're all going to get together!

Quick Reply: Picked up my A4 3.0 Tip yesterday!!!!