A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Putting rings on ringless Kamei grill. How would you recommend doing it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting rings on ringless Kamei grill. How would you recommend doing it?

I'm very excited about the Kamei grill I bought last week. It's frame is painted Dolphin to match my paint. I put in on the car last week to see how it looks and I love it except for the fact that it doesn't have rings. So over the weekend I got a set of OEM chrome grill rings to put on the Kamei mesh. Now I just need to attach the rings to the grill.

Those of you that have put rings on Caractere or Kamei grills how did you do it? An adhesive of some sort? If so what did you use or would you recommend using?

TIA for your thoughts.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is how i did it on my b5....

havent messed with my b6 grill so i dont know if its diff. I took the rings of original grill...(the rings have little tabs on the back)..I then placed it on the kamei grill. To hold it in place i cut little rectangular pieces out of a of very strong black rubber (think i use some type of automotive belt..was between 1-3mm thick). I then cut slits in the middle of the rectangles and used them to "pop" over the tabs that protruded through the backside of the kamei grill when i had the rings in place. These rubber piece lock the rings onto the kamei grill. The rings never came off or loosened..the rubber actually hardened a little and locked it on even more..

There might be a better way but thats how i did it..think some people use those little black straps, the plastic ones that click and lock..whatever they are called