A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

So they just don't want my money?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So they just don't want my money?

Been going through this whole hit and run thing with my A4. I am taking it around to various bodyshops just to get an idea. I have quotes ranging from 889 dollars (from insurance) all the way to 2100+

Funny thing happened. I took it to a place that was suggested. They had several nice cars, porsche, BMW's, and a new a4. I figured they must be pretty good. I start talking to the estimator, and he starts going into this rant about how Audi's never match right, and with crystal blue its going to be even harder, and they will have to blend this and that...and my heart sank! I asked him about if I don't think its done right, would they redo it, and he kept ranting about audi's and angles and how the light hits this and that and that its going to be hard to match because of different spray fan patterns, etc.... First some SOB runs into my perfect 02 A4, now I have a feeling I will be able to visually tell that it has been worked on for the rest of my ownership. This sucks. On top of that, they refused to paint the lowers on my car. They said they guarantee for life the paint, and that the plastic would flex and chip, and they cannot cover that so they would not do it. Oh well, on to another bodyshop.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:31 AM

Default You can tell on any car with metallic paint, but yes, Audi is very bad

How many A4's have you seen from the factory with matching bumpers and body paint? Me: zero.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:49 AM

blend & match paint? don't they have OEM Audi paint? like other car mfgr's???
Old 09-11-2002, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Metallic paints are hard to match though, you have to get the mica content and distribution perfect.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 4 paint codes in my trunk and it still didn't match. Had to custom match color & flake content

I don't understand refusing to paint the lowers when all the bodykits and half the panels on the car are plastic too.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:39 AM

Default Audi paint isn't really that great however my bumpers and

body match fine...ebony. Marc, just out of curiosity (not trying to start something here) but I take it that your experience with your A4 has been, well, not good. From previuos posts you aren't fond of the engine. Has there been anything else that has soured your opinion. Also, do you still have your A4? Again, I am not trying to stir the pot, just curious. Most of your posts are negative and I just wanted to know why.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Find another shop. My bodyshop told me "No Problem" to match my Dolphin. And it matches PERFECTLY!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No such thing as "Audi Paint" they use a paint companies paint, don't know which one
Old 09-11-2002, 07:36 AM
DCS

Default dude it's the angle

you're so anti-audi it's quite irritating.

but this caps it. you bitch about something that only exists within the mind of someone who has no common sense.

The paint on the bumpers and body DO match. It's the angle of the body panel in combination with the metallic paint that makes it look like that.

here's a little pointer for ya, if you're ever stuck in the desert for weeks at a time... that juice bar you happen to see, it's NOT real.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:03 AM

I thought Ronal made Audi paint....hmmm...must be confusing with something else...

Quick Reply: So they just don't want my money?