A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

So went into dealer today

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So went into dealer today

They mentioned theyd just replace the brake light bulb, bulb costing 50 pence... they went out and did it, we never paid for the bulb
I guess thats one good thing about audi, they just do all the little stuff.
Talked about the upcoming service which seems to want us to go in when the car hits 1 year, even though its meant to be variable and go between 9 and 19 thousand miles and 1 or 2 years.
Anyhow, were told to bring in car when it says to service and theyll reset it to just tell us to come in when the car hits 10K, that should be sometimes when the cars about 18 months old...

£295 for first variable service, but over all, it should be cheaper than using standard oil and having it done every year or 10K. the first one would then be £195, but the second one would be considerably up and make the total for 2 years around £400.

tightened a lose screw from when they messed around with the interior trim, blah blah blah..

anyway, I have to say that the service manager has always been very accomodating, but luckily I was there when they replaced the bulb, I had to "help" here and there, I can imagine techs just trying to force some things all the time...hmm.

Mentioned about cupping tyres, apparantly rotating tyres is free so thats good, but he seemed a bit iffy on what to do about the tyres.

Oh, and apparantly to refinish the rims, its around £35, I was pleasently surprised about that!

Finally, the the A4 saved spring break...The End.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Us U.S. guys get our bulbs changed for free under warranty anyway. :) (more)

What's going on with your tires getting cupped? The tire pressures are ok and it's still happening? What tires are they?
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They are 205/55/R16 michelin pilot primacy's w rated.

cars done under 5.5 K's so far.
Now the rear tyres are wearing perfectly, but the front two have a diagonal wear pattern...
looks like they wernt balanced properly from the star? the front left wheel is kerbed, but its a funny scratch pattern on the face of the wheel, not anything hard.(not me who did it :P)

and its on both wheels...

The pattern is that there are blocks of wear on the edge of the tyres, and today when wheel was fully turned, there appeared to be corresponding blocks of wear on the inner edge, except these were slightly out of line with the external ones, basically a diagonal wear pattern... like the wheel wobbles slightly.. it doesnt appear too serious but I have noticed this, I doubt most people would care but hmmmm.

How much does wheel refinishing usually cost down your end? I was really surprised when he mentioned something lik 35 pounds, which is about 55 bucks, thats really a lot cheaper than I was expecting.. about half the price actually