A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Test drove A4 1.8T yesterday...impressions...decisions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove A4 1.8T yesterday...impressions...decisions

So i went to Champion Motors for a test drive and to check on the availanilty of an Avant either 1.8 or 3.0, just to know...
I drove a 1.8 Sedan, I liked it, but its definetly different than the TT (duh)...
After talking for a while with my salesperson, he suggested the new S4, i am looking to lease and I definetly want an Avant (have a big dog) and I love the look of a fast "soccer mom" type of car (no offense).
My girlfriend used to hate the avants but now she loves them which is good for me other wise I will never hear the end of it.
So I am leaning towards the S4 hoping that by the time that they arrive I can count on enough money to make the payments/insurance etc.
If not, I will stick with the 1.8 T, chip, exhaust, lowered, nice wheels. And that is it, in the mean time I have to park the TT (excess miles) and borrow my moms car as much as I can until after the summer.
Ok guys thanks you very much for your input on my sily question, and hope to be part of your forum shortly.
I'll keep you posted...!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Are you not ready to buy yet or are you waiting for the S4? You should trade up as soon as possible

to save money. I see it this way: You are paying X-amount of dollars per month for your TT, while you can't drive it. Add that up for the number of month's you are waiting until you buy, and then I think you can see the value in trading up now. I guess also you get hit with some loss in value if trade it in now.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Test drove A4 1.8T yesterday...impressions...decisions

If you're already going over your allocated mileage on your TT what makes you think you won't on the S4? You might want to reconsider leasing if high mileage is your thing. You'll end up paying at the end of the lease BIG TIME! Just food for thought.....
Old 03-20-2003, 06:32 AM

Default I am not ready to buy yet...

and also the I am way upside down...
my car has A LOT of miles...the payoff on it is like 24000 and trade in value is around 17000....so that gap i would have to pay...
if i wait for a bit even though that I would still be paying for my car, the gap closes in a bit an Audi might be kind enough to say ok...we'll suck it up, (early lease return or trade in) if i stick with audi...
either way I am screwed and i am going to have to pay more money that I would like to...
but then...there are no Avants available, if i order it, it can take up to 3 months...and that is a bit less before the s4's get here...I have to wait...
Old 03-20-2003, 06:34 AM

Default In september my mileage will change drastically...

that is also why it suits me to change cars around that time...
Old 03-20-2003, 06:43 AM

Default OK. That new S4 will run around $50K, making your lease pmts around $700.

If you can't afford that now, what makes you think you can afford it when it comes out? Why max out your cash flow? Theres prolly a lot of people like you going deep in debt just so they can have that "status" car. If an A4 doesn't suit you, fine. Just don't post idiotic **** like "I'm leaning towards the S4 since the A4 just doesn't do it for me."

S4 are great cars, but those that buy them know beforehand, not going out and test driving A4s and 325i's and Maximas.

Damn, O'reilly needs to come out with a book "AUDIs for IDIOTS!"
Old 03-20-2003, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ouch, that was a little harsh, don't you think?

I mean maybe he just really like the S4 and it would be worth it in his eyes to stretch himself. Or maybe he's getting a fat raise, or maybe an inheritance. We just can't assume people's personal situations even thought I can agree with where your coming from. I'd rather save for an M3 over a 330 cause it's the M3 that really "does it for me". And i might be willing to go without buying nice clothes for a while if it would get me that m3.
Just my thoughts.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:41 AM

Default Personally, I never lease

Especially in Florida where you have to drive everywhere. The primary allure of driving a nice car, is the fact that you can drive it. I hate having to be limited in my driving patterns because of a lease. Just MO.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:46 AM

Default Maybe so, but I know too many people...

that are in C32 AMGs, and M3s, and S4s who can barely afford to put mac-n-cheese on the table, livin in a dump matchbox apt, but drivin a $50 thousand automobile. STOOPID!
Old 03-20-2003, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default avants...

are cool..s4 avants are cooler though

Quick Reply: Test drove A4 1.8T yesterday...impressions...decisions