A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

UPDATE: SOCAL 1st EVER B6 GTG [MORE]

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CARSON, right off the 405
Old 03-11-2003, 10:11 PM

Default WTF!?!?!

First of all, what's the point of making it at AMS (sorry April). Second, Only B6 allowed?!?!? WHACK!! wtf? what'z wrong w/other cars?? Third, Only the ones on the list are allowed to go?!?!? wtf? u gotta RSVP to go to a GTG?!?!!?

ONLY ONE GUEST!??! Some of us have more than ONE friend... =/

I don't know 'bout rules and stuff man... I'm just chill kind-of-a-guy... just watever flows man... I say we do at any parking lot, the cruise PCH or something... u know, somehting more meaningful other than just sittin' there... =/

That's my 2-cents.... =/
Old 03-11-2003, 10:16 PM

Damn, should've read the whole post, b4 posting... mah bad... lol
Old 03-11-2003, 10:26 PM

WERD!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Most likely in too!!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default TO CLAIRIFY SOME THINGS UP [more]

this post is to just get an idea of how many people are interested in coming. this is not a FOR SURE thing yet.

we are assuming that there will be 20-30 cars showing up and if that is the case, the number of guests you can bring are limited. if say like only 15 cars show up, then of course you are welcomed to bring your whole entire family or what not thus comes the LIST involved:

we need to have a sure count of how many people will be showing so that we know that there will be enough room/space for everyone. if 15 people sign up, we are expecting 15 cars. if we don't keep a list of registered attendees, then every b5+vw in socali are gonna show and will get out of hand, SLO #2 and will defeat the purpose of a B6 ONLY GTG.

This WILL be a kick back GTG thus rule #4 (NO VENDORS). You guys have all the freedom in the world to do whatever you may wish to do to enjoy your time at the GTG. All I am trying to do is reserve a nice, secure location that we can do this at. meeting in some random public lot and taking the risk of getting harrassed by cops and getting kicked out and everyone just ending up going home is not my idea of a good GTG.

For the number of B6's that will be gathered at one location it will attract a lot of unwanted attention. if AMS is kind enough to lend us their lot, we can have the ease of mind of chilling with the ease of mind of not having to worry about outside factors.

these aren't ORDERS that I am giving out, they are just some guidelines that you guys may take into consideration that would be appreciated. not asking for much, basically it's stating:

1) Only B6's are allowed (sorry b5 & vw guys)

TRANSLATION: please keep this B6 only GTG with only B6's.

2) You are allowed to bring only 1 guest (Gotta keep it under control).

TRANSLATION: please don't pack this small lot with the capacity of SLO or so many damn people walking around it seems like you are at the LA convention center.

3) Only the names of the people on the list will be allowed into the lot.

TRANSLATION: "Hi, me and 50 of my B6 owner friends decided to show up on the last minute... oh, the lot only holds 30 cars? ok, well, tough luck for all of those guys that DID register, they'll have to park across the street in the dirt lot!"

4) No vendors of any sort allowed at this GTG.

TRANSLATION: BUY APR! NO BUY GIAC! NO NO NUESPEED IS THE BEST!

very reasonable requests... not such a big deal...

i mean comon guys, we are getting together to meet EACH OTHER (AUDIWORLD B6 FORUM MEMBERS) what does it matter about how many people you are allowed to bring. It's supposed to be, "Hi, I'm ABT SUN..." "Oh hey, it's finally nice to meet you and match a face to that name."

And NOT like:

"Hi, my name is ABT SUN, I want you to meet my girlfriend, my brother, my mother, my father, my whole entire graduating class of 2003, some stranger I picked off the street, and 2 more people packed in the trunk"

and no, we are not gonna rot away in the lot all day... there will be a cruise and dinner kind of thing set up for whoever wishes to do so afterwards.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Excellent! The guidelines are reasonable. Those that whine can go park elsewhere.

Anarchists never have fun parties anyway.

Add one car, two people, depending on date. Loved SLO but it did end up as an ant farm.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

thank you! exactly!
Old 03-12-2003, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this isnt a GTG ... this is "Members Only" thing .. why not have a regular GTG ??
Old 03-12-2003, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's semantics so call it a B6OMWR...

Translation:

B6 = 2002+ A4's
O = Only
M = Meeting
WR = With Restrictions

You can't live with the restrictions, don't go, and don't try to force someone else to lift theirs or make it look like they're trying to run some facist police state oppressing the proletariat. If it makes you all feel better, I'll wear my Che shirt.

You've got your own coming up, run that as you see fit. Just keep in mind that without reasonable guidelines you'll get chaos and anarchy and all the liability that goes with it.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: SOCAL 1st EVER B6 GTG [MORE]