A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Bluetooth problems - is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth problems - is it just me?

I have noticed two problems with my BT phone (Samsung flip phone with no model number) when using it with my car:

Address Book: the contact list shown in the car (scroll through with the satellite controls) doesn't seem to be up-to-date with my phone. Most of the names/numbers are shown, and those that are shown dial normally, but some are missing. I haven't troubleshot this much yet.

~1 out of 5 outgoing calls connects with harsh static. This one is weird: I can hear the person on the other end clear as day, but all they hear is harsh static - even if I yell in the phone. It doesn't clear up on its own; I have to hang up and redial. This never occurs in the middle of a call, only from the onset. And it only happens occasionally.

Anyone else have problems like this? I'm trying to figure out of its the car or the phone.

TIA!

My car is: 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T AT w/titanium
Old 07-15-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Bluetooth problems - is it just me?

Believe it or not, you MAY need a new radio head unit. I had some problems with volume level and that's exactly what it ended up being. The phone list issue I have seen before. Disconnect your phone and erase the car from you bluetooth list...and then reconnect and see if it helps. If not, then look to see what is different about the entries that DO NOT show. I have a Samsung as well, and if you store the numbers as Work(W), Home(H), Cell(M), etc......you will sometimes get some weird stuff. How does it handle an entry with multiple numbers? Mine lists a separate line for XXXXXX/M and XXXXXX/H......but on some others, YYYYYYY/W is left off altogether. If your dealer swaps your head unit with a new one and your phone works fine and static is gone.....that's a start.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default address book: are some of your contacts stored on the SIMM and others on the phone itself?

that may be the issue with some of the listings being gone

as for a single "name" with separate work/home/cell numbers, I have skirted that issue by merely entering a separate listing for each individual number, and hence might have 3 listings for Sally Smith. Maybe sloppy, but it works.

As for the unclear calls, that sounds like a phone-service issue (i.e., # of antennas nearby, phone software updates, etc) rather than a BT issue.

My callers tell me that my BT is not perfect, and my voice is tinny, but otherwise it works well.