A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Damn... cann't get a brake, I cracked up another one!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn... cann't get a brake, I cracked up another one!

Well one week of owning my new 06 6spd 2.0T A4 and I hit a high curb. Damage doesn't look to bad considering a fender and front bumper, and a cracked hose somewhere causeing a coolant leak, and alignment or new control arm? Its at a friends shop (didn't want to do the whole insurance thing do to the fact I will lost my insurance since I just total my S4) so I won't find out exactly till Monday if there is any major hinden damage or just bent control arms. I hit the front left wheel so hard it bent the rims a little and cause some type of leak when the front bumper shields/guards pushing up. Boy this is the second Audi I've crashed in the last 2 months. I must not be able to drive well anymore, must be getting old.

Anyway guys, anybody have some information as to online places to go for some parts like: front underbody belly pan, and front left fender splash shield. I'm hopeing I can get away with doing to whole job with out going to the dealer. If I do go to the dealer for parts will there be a problem since the car is leased?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default without going to the dealer?

I dont see that happening. You will be lucky if all of the parts you need are available immediately from audi through your dealership. Its not good to wad up a new or newly updated car like yours... the parts arent all in stock for repairing wadded up cars when the cars are sold... they trickle in by the container on container ships from all over the world through NJ.

Maybe you are ready to stop sending money on repairing expensive cars that you've wadded up and on some driving schools? What sort of driver's training do you have?

My opinion is that aside from getting hit by another motorist and sneezing and accidentally veering off the road its pretty hard to lose control of a quattro even in most abnormal driving conditions so long as you have the correct tires on the car.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: without going to the dealer?

That was so enlightening, I feel so much better now.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default actually it should have been enlightening

you've wrecked two quattros and are obviously not adressing the issue which is the operator not the machine. The only problem you've identified is that the insurance company is going to drop you and that maybe you're getting old. No I think the problem is that you are a poorly skilled driver in a very capable machine.

I really dont care how you feel, better/worse... I'm not going to pat you on the back and say "its okay, we all have accidents". From what I've read so far you're dangerous at the wheel of one of the most well mannered cars on the road, that doesnt speak well of your abilities. Now please take the hint and go get some proper training... if there is an audi club chapter in your area I strongly suggest you join and attend a track day which also has field exercises. I doubt you are properly familiarized with the car you are driving, I'd wager that you have a lot to learn. The alternative is that you can pretend like you've got it all under control and wad this car up again and maybe unintentionally remove yourself from the gene pool.

Also, we usually start responding in the subject line.

I'm glad we had this little chat.

BTW you sound rather immature in your post.

1. have some sort of hook-up with a friend with a shop.

2. Attempting to avoid the dealership so that they dont know you've wadded up a leased car *reeks of highschool*

3. Your spelling and gramar are highschool at best. Sounds like teenchat.

4. the insurance company is going to drop you if they find out. Sounds under 25.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiclubna.org/calendar/">http://www.audiclubna.org/calendar/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default hehe

didn't even read your repost. You so right I could drive a 600 hp Cobra for 3 year and run low 11's and have no accidents. But I understand yes an awd Audi that alot slower and better handling I crash. Didn't you ever hear of... an accident! Wow **** does happen, Dick!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default and this tangent has what to do with the fact that you've wrecked two cars in 2 months?

**** doesnt just happen, any event was preceded by other events which involved decisions and thought or lack there of.

Have I ever heard of an accident, yes they called it that when my mother died in her subaru and when last year some of my cousins burned to death in their allroad after having a run in with a semi.

What you have driven and how long you have driven it have no bearing on how well you drive.

Drag racing has very little to do with the sort of driving you do on public roads, thus your argument is poorly thought out.

My god how old are you 17?
Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not another one of you guys.

"My god how old are you 17?"

Come on man I'm only 15. Don't waste you time with someone like me. LOL! I lie about everything, I've never owned any of these cars I'm just making all this up, and you found me out. Hehe. You need to chill out man. Now I see where the anger comes from. (Joking aside sorry to hear about your family members.) But I've come across couple of guys like you on other forums, man is this what you do for fun? How gay! You pick on some stupid insignificant little things you don't even know about, because you don't have a full expectation (ten page story). Boy whose the adult here. Your a waste of time or should I be for you, since I'm so young. Stop responding I'm just wasting time and space.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

265 posts is a lot for a dude who doesn't even own a car...