A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Dear AoA..PLEASE unbundle the need to get leather for having a sunroof..not everyone likes leather !

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear AoA..PLEASE unbundle the need to get leather for having a sunroof..not everyone likes leather !
Old 12-17-2005, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default AoA.. Please never make another Audi with cloth..

Leather is the best... cloths dont bunch up on leather like they do on cloth.. and looks so much better. cloth looks cheap. Get a mazda or a honda if you dont want leather and want a sunroof. Audi's are nice cars.. they deserve leather.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you ever seen the cloth sport seats?

I had them in my 01 with the celebration package. They were simply awesome. Material were top notch and there wasn't a single wear mark on the driver seat.

This is the first car I have with leather. Don't get me wrong, leather is nice, but for my personal taste, they should have made it an option. They couldn't because of the cloth sport seats not meeting yet another safety requirement.

Things I hate about leather: I slide in them too much, not enough support, or I'm not fat enough. They are awfully hot in the summer and I end up with my back just sweating like crazy. And in the winters, they're icy cold until the heated seats heat them up sufficiently.

I seen the cloth seats at the Frankfurt autoshow and they are simply awesome. Excellent support, great two colour combination, and the material used in Audi's cloth seats are excellent, a lot better than what you find in a Honda or Mazda.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:30 AM

Default not something audi would ever stock IMHO

But cloth can always be ordered.....
Old 12-17-2005, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Leather stands up better to rain if you leave the roof open.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default never seen the sport seats, but leather is just nice.. it shows class.

I almost got an EVO instead of the Audi. It had nice race seats trimmed in leather. They were not bad at all, but Leather is just nice. I got the Audi over the EVO cause I wanted a car with some class.

I guess it is just a personal preference, but leather is more comferatable to me (other than the heat). My cloths always get bunched up when I sit in cloth seats.

I looked at an Audi at my local dealer here with cloth and it just looked horrible.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My thoughts exactly !!!
Old 12-17-2005, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unfortunately to get the sunroof, AoA is forcing the leather...
Old 12-17-2005, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default But you can get cloth in the cab. Go figure??

I was always a big fan of cloth till I got leather. Now I doubt if I will go back to cloth. The leather is nice a warm with the butt burner on and I do not stick to them then the hot summer sun.
I do agree you should be able to get the equipment you want. I have owned two A4's with cloth and two with leather.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Amen to that!!

Quick Reply: Dear AoA..PLEASE unbundle the need to get leather for having a sunroof..not everyone likes leather !