A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

dooooh! car fell while on jack

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another thing is that when i had the flat, the car didnt give that low pressure warning

I know i have this option on my car.. i need to go talk to my dealership about this. Is anyone else having problems with there low pressure warning system?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well....

i was on perfectly level terrain doing the change...i called my service advisor (who i have a good relationship with) and then contacted Audi NA at his request. I would recommend telling the truth, as if it really was your fault they will be able to tell via where the jack was placed, etc. otherwise, i would recommend being courteous yet firm in your determination to get it resolved, especially since your car is still under waranty. truth be told, it's not your fault the OEM jack is a POS...if you have to go get your own to change a tire, there is a problem. one last thing...i would also imply in no uncertain terms that had you been hurt, this would be a legal problem, not a waranty request!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've only had to use the OEM jack once. Once was enough.

I had a blowout in the fast lane on the NJ Turnpike while in a long road trip in my B6.

I was in a REAL hurry so I wrestled with the jack.

Never again.

Yes, it worked, but it was really windy out and, though I took my time, read the directions and placed the jack VERY carefully, it still felt like the car might fall any second.

It didn't, but between how shaky it was and the nightmare of trying to get it back in it's holder......

From now on I'm calling Roadside Assistance.

I'll feel like a girl, but screw it. That's what it's for.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Next time, call Audi Roadside assistance...

In addition to the jack being a POS, it takes longer to figure out how to get the jack back into the holder in the trunk than it does to change the tire!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Default I called roadside asst. they sai 1 to 1 1/2 wait!!!

so i was like forget that. Bad choice i guess.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:08 PM

Default So i looked under the car, and

i didnt see that many scratches and all.. but one thing i did see which worries me. is this long pipe in the midde of the car. not the exhaust. it had some scratches on it.

any guess what it is?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 PM

get one of those pinch weld adaptors too
Old 03-17-2006, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where do you get the "pinch weld adapter"?

I had one but it broke recently while being used (on wife's Pilot)...scared the shyte out of me. I had gotten it at JC Whitney, but they don't seem to carry them anymore.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Link inside --->

<ul><li><a href="http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=2061&amp;itemType=PRODUCT">pinch weld adaptors</a></li></ul>
Old 03-19-2006, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default thanks, I also found another one...link inside

I think this one may work better for me, since my floor jack does not have the hole for the other adapter to go into.<ul><li><a href="http://www.b5one.com/jackpads.shtml">http://www.b5one.com/jackpads.shtml</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: dooooh! car fell while on jack