A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Ever notice other A4 owners trying to "race" you on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever notice other A4 owners trying to "race" you on the road?

I've just starting to notice this, and it was really bad today. With my last 2 cars (S2000 and NSX) I would've expected to have more people want to mess with me but they didn't and I just drove around in it without any problems for 2 years. In my A4 B7 S-line, I swear I get tons of people flying up to me, getting next to me, and trying to get me to race, especially the A4 B6 owners. My car looks stock, just lowered, debadged, and has some window tint. Maybe the A4 B6 owners see the S-line package and assume it's a S4.... dunno.

I'm not giving other Audi drivers a bad name, but I've noticed it 3 different times today, with 3 different A4 B6 owners messing with me, trying to get me to race with them on the road. Not that it really bothers me to an extent, nor do I drive the A4 in that manner, I just figured this car would attract a lot less attention than my other one did. In most ways, yes. But in some ways, no. Maybe I'm just going on about nothing but it's just something that I've noticed recently. Just wondering if any of you guys experience anything similar. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to find these type of people in So Cal on a daily basis.

That, and the fact that it seems like more idiot drivers on the road and I need to watch out for them almost hitting me in the A4. In the NSX, it's like people want to see it but they wouldn't come close to hitting me when doing some stupid lane change. Where as in my A4, I'm constantly dodging people more & more on a daily basis from hitting my car.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Ever notice other A4 owners trying to "race" you on the road?

Ive been noticing this too. Not really with other A4s, but other cars. Last night an RSX-S and Mazda 6, both with aftermarket exhausts, were driving like idiots around me trying to get me to race.

I was thinking it might be my tints, but my A6 had tinted windows as well and hardly anybody ever tried to race me. Maybe A4s have a rep for being pretty heavily modified.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I was just thinking about this very thing today.

It seems like people want to jack with me more in my B7 than anyone ever did in my B6. I've had everything from an a-hole in a TT to someone in a Subaru legacy wagon of all things.

My car is completely stock and I'm a pretty conservative driver, but for some reason this car attracts the wrong kind of attention.

I don't get it.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Same here, these B6 kept tailgating me, the other day I showed one (stock I think) how is done.

Some Pathetic people, I have nothing against the car, however I don't go and tailgate S4s.

Having 200hp is a shame already these days, but having 170hp, wow why bother....
Old 10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Ever notice other A4 owners trying to "race" you on the road?

what's wrong with racing?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Nothing.....

But I actually have dedicated track cars that I tow to the road course with my 4Runner. I specifically bought my A4 to use as a daily driver, something that is comfy and classy looking, and something that would be subtle and inconspicious compared to my previous cars. I just like to cruise around in my A4 =)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:10 PM

When you are having a relax day, and geting tailgate every 20mins, that's annoying!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Default <<Well said, If I wanted to street race, STi will be my weapon of choice, not a A4....

yes, and I admit our cars are slow, who cares, and I enjoy it every bit of it, its a very good daily driver, period.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Not so much, but this Z06 did

I have no idea what he had in mind. Clearly, my car is no match for his, but somehow he felt like he had to run circles around me. I was just peacefully driving home from work...

I get this a lot from WRXs and B5 S4s, though.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I hope your big head doesn't interfere with your curtain airbags in the event of a wreck.

your extra 30 hp isn't <i>that</i> cool

Quick Reply: Ever notice other A4 owners trying to "race" you on the road?