A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Flashed my car today (APR) and I have problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg repost.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you really don't think its worth the money APR has a 30 day guarantee

I'd double check that everything is working properly though as most people really like the APR programming and it sounds like your not getting full power.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Default I honestly think I was just expecting too much. I'm going to let things adapt for a couple of days

and see what happens.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I just got my APR and I'm thinking the same thing!

Wow, for starters, thanks for posting this...

I just got chipped last Friday as well during the APR sale. I was very excited to get in the car after they were done. I stepped on it, and like you, I didn't notice a _noticable_ change in power. It felt a little more powerful, but not a ton. I have now been driving around for a few days and I too can tell it is more powerful, but not like what others are saying. If I were to guess, I would say I gained _maybe_ 20HP.

As a test, like people suggested, I did a drag run using the "stock" and then the 93 code, and then back again, and back to the 93 code. I just didn't feel that big of a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if I had someone in the car with their eyes closed while I swapped programs, that they would not immediately be able to tell which code I was running. 3rd gear is probably the gear/speed that I notice the difference most. Just out of curiosity, should I be able to even 'squeek' the tires at all from a standstill in a Quattro with ESP turned off? I dropped the clutch at around 4000 RPM, launched quick, but no squeek from the tires. Maybe the quattro and tread are just that good?

Like you, I just chalked it up to thinking my expectations were too high. Now that you have posted this, and you just had the APR program put on like I did, I'm wondering if maybe there is something more to this.

My new vag-com should be here tomorrow so I'm interested to plug it in and see what I'm boosting at.

Later
Old 07-24-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Well...

I'm glad you posted as well because I was starting to think maybe I'm just an ***. I also do not think my friend that rides with me every day would have noticed if he wasn't with me when I got flashed today.

Please let me know how your boost logs turn out. I'm extremely curious.

The other thing that has me curious is that the K04 on my B5 sang like a song bird. I love the sound of a turbo spooled up. Why is it that I still can't seem to hear anything from this K03?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor

Default Make sure your DV and PCV are good.

If you've got oil spewing from your oil cap, that's a good indication that your PCV needs replacing. It can seriously degrade performance, and certainly makes the car feel sluggish without necessarily throwing any codes.

The difference should be noticeable right off the bat.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

There is a HUGE difference between 93 and stock...not quite sure what you are experiencing.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default "Why is it that I still can't seem to hear anything from this K03?"

Interesting, though I didn't say anything about this, I was thinking the same thing. On my 1.8T Passat that was chipped, you could definitely hear the turbo spool up more than stock. With the new APR code, I still can't hear the turbo at all.

For all you chipped people out there, can you hear your turbo any more on the 2.0T engine?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default To all that say TJHUB and I should be experiencing more power, need vag-com help...

Hopefully my Vag-Com will arrive at my house today so I can take a look at my logs tonight. Considering I'll be new to vag-com, can someone describe what I should be looking for in the vag-com to see if things are operating correctly? I can certainly check to see what it is boosting at but are there other things I should/could be checking as well to verify if the code is working correctly?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default TJHUB, question on dealer experience.

Just to swap stories a little. When I went to my dealer, they seemed to have trouble getting the code loaded on at first. After a second attempt, the code finally started to load. Basically, the load of the code on my car was not flawless. Do you know if your dealer had any trouble getting the code on yours?

I JUST had my A4 in for its' 5k maintenance and I made sure they flashed my ECU with the latest code so they wouldn't do it again in the future. My docs say the put code i31 2 on it. The seems to be a newer code then I've seen in the forums before. Do you know if your A4 had the latest flash put on it?

I have a 3.5 hour drive back to my nearest APR dealer to get the issue resolved if there is one. I REALLY hope there is not a problem with the code that would send me back there.

Quick Reply: Flashed my car today (APR) and I have problems...