A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Flat tire (s)and bad dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat tire (s)and bad dealership

Recently i got a flat tire, not really a abig deal -when my car was serviced at local dealership i had the guys fix it before a long trip.(so i thought) Few days ago after a major snow storm, coming down from my office i ve noticed that I he had another flat... hmmm... back luck (sight).

So I open trunk and lo behold my *fixed tire is flat as a pancake - So now I am stuck with two flats. I call the dealership to get some action and been told no way, we really dont have time to deal with this come back in a few days. Ok, few days hmmm... i ve called almost all local Audi dealerships and the same story - one told me thou if bring my car they just might look at it - jef

After calling Audi service tow truck showes up and towes my car. I say screw this and stop at tire shop where I got both tires fixed. Next I will talk to my dealer ask why the failed to fix my tire in the first place... wonder what they say... SORRY FOR THIS VENTING, but when you get upscale car you tend to expect sale level of service...dissapointigly this was not the case.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Flat tire (s)and bad dealership

That's really sad, you would think the dealership would want to find out who f*ed up and put a flat tire in your trunk and mounted your spare. I've learned over the years, everytime I go to a dealership I check to see what they've done. If I ask them to rotate tires, I mark each tire with chalk to make sure they did the rotation properly. For an oil change, I check the oil before I leave the dealership. I guess for a flat, I'll have to check the spare to make sure they didn't switch tires. For each car I own I have a file and I keep all the service records. This saved me once when the dealership stripped the threads on the oil pan drain hole. They wanted me to pay for a new oil pan, when I produced the records and showed that I had them perform every oil change they had to pay for the new oil pan and labour. Keep a tight leash on them and don't ever give them any slack, they'll rob you blind if they get the chance.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Flat tire (s)and bad dealership

good ideas - but this goes further... not only i was led to belive that my flat was fixed . but whem i purchased winter floor mats i was assured that they will be put on and car ready within hour. After waiting two hours service manager bring me the car dirty, no mats installed and a (found out later) a flat spare. Puting mats in is really no big deal, to clean the car is something they should do - but the point is once sevice says something they really should deliver! For service guy not to check over customer car is really sad...Sadly this dealership lost my sponsorship...and thats after buying two Audis from them. W