A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

GIAC Chip question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have GIAC and flashloader and I can confirm that you still need to get your ECU

Reflashed after the AoA update. I just had my turbo replaced under warranty and they reflashed over the GIAC program.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default security

Ok so based on distance i live in LA so both the APR and the GIAC are readily available. I really like the flashloader but APR seems to give a little more power. Another question came to mind after reading all of these posts. Haven't the dealerships caught on and started checking for other programs through the cruise control when they see a car come in that has been modified in other ways like suspension or exhaust. With the flashloader this cant happen.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dealerships are familiar with our systems as many prefer our calibrations over...

the competition. Merely holding the set button on your cruise control lever will allow you to begin changing programs. Once you have selected the proper program to change to based on indication from your instrument cluster, you release the set button, cycle the key off then on and watch the instrument cluster provide a different indication while the ecu reflashes itself in approx. 3 seconds.

We are currently the only company in the world that has the advanced technology to actually add additional functionality to your Bosch Metronic ECU. This technology is patented world wide and has yet to be duplicated.

In regards to service techs changing programs to verify you have modded your ecu, we offer a "security lockout" feature that disables any of the ecu's advanced functionality until you enter your secret code via your cruise control to unlock the APR functionality. You can leave it unlocked for quicker access to program changing until a dealership visit is required at which time it takes approx. 30 seconds total time to change from performance to stock programming and enable security lockout mode so no more program changing can occur until you unlock it!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM

Default APR's systems are now updated, I just had my car taken care of on Tuesday after my 35K service a few

weeks back. APR totally took care of me, beginning to end. Kudos to them.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Why don't you have a dealer near DC?

Your closest dealer is Abderdeen, MD...really?
With Audi of Tysons, Audi of Alexandria, Audi of Rockville, Tisher Autopark in Silver Spring, Audi of Annapolis, Audi of Frederick, Audi of...do you know how much disposable income there is in the Northern VA area and you have an APR dealer near a military base with low incomes?

If you had a dealer in the Northern Virginia area I would have bought the chip months ago.
GIAC has 4 dealers within 20 minutes of where I live and work....APR I have to drive 1.5 hours.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Thanks for asking. NGP has just opened up a brand new Northern VA

tuning center. I will let them make the world announcement but lets just say APR in Northern VA is now a reality!!

Stephen/APR
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh thank Heavens!! Can I get a discount if I am the first customer? <NT>
Old 04-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Default Re: We actually have resolved that a while ago.......

Sure, but only after paying $45 for a reflash...
Old 04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APR charges $0 for the reflash. If there's a charge it's the dealer that's doing it.

Nice backhanded comment, though.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:23 AM

Default If you have any GIAC questions and are in Socal give me a call. My "engineering department" is open

tomorrow

Quick Reply: GIAC Chip question