A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Got my B7 back last night cuz the Engine Check Light, turned out I'd been drivin with 3 cylinders...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my B7 back last night cuz the Engine Check Light, turned out I'd been drivin with 3 cylinders...

Got it back from the dealer yesterday, and they told me that one of the four cylinder's spark plug failed to act or something so i was driving only with 3 cylinders working.... i mean seriously, 15,000 miles the car is practically new, wtf is it just me with ****ty luck or it happens to others as well ??? now my whole steering wheel viberates everytime i stop the car, so i went back to the dealership again, told them the problem, and they said it might have been the carbon deposits inside the cylinder and if i were to fix it it'd have to be on my own expanse cuz the Audi warranty doesnt cover it !!! mind my language but WTF! is all i can think of right now, does anyone have similar problems ? what should i do ? cuz the viberating steering wheel is really pissing me off .... plz help
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps it was a coilpack failure?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:36 AM

Default Audi Audi Audi

Am i the only one that feels Ckeleganz's Pain. I was under the impression that Audi Warranties were bumper to bumper (Except Wear and tear Items) for 4 Yrs/50,000 Miles. Call AoA, i dont think its safe to be driving with only 3 cylinders. Wow after this last car i am done with Audi. They are getting worst and worst.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Got my B7 back last night cuz the Engine Check Light, turned out I'd been drivin with 3 cylinder

I would stop beating on your car.
Call Audi directly and tell them your problem.
They will buy your car back...
Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dude relax

listen, cars breakdown, yay it might be a lemon, im not gonna tell you its not. But what is really important to remember that this is like any other event in ur life, it doesnt require anger. Call Audi of America, there customer acdovates are really helpful and really good.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"worst and worst" :-P
Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Default I never got any satisfaction from AOA with major issues on my B6... Audi finally...

gave me a new B7 but not until I got the BBB involved... AOA blew me off time after time... Thankfully the B7 has been a great car (so far)... I really think there are lemons... I have freinds that have had A4's and TT's for years with no problems...
Old 04-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Default some questions for you. I find it very hard to believe that...

"carbon deposits inside the cylinder" will cause vibration only when stopping.

Does it happen when you are stopped and rev the engine in neutral?
Does it happen when accelerating?
Does it only happen under braking?
Does it happen when you downshift w/o the brakes?

If it only happens when you use the brakes, do you see deposits on your front rotors? I wonder if they were "hot ******* it" in your car and overheated the stock brake pads.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:41 AM

It only happens when im stopped with the engine is on and the gear in Drive, i wasnt revving it
Old 04-25-2006, 01:42 AM

Default and also ... why would i make this up ... im a car noob, if anyone here lives in SoCal can come

and check it out for me plz ? haha

Quick Reply: Got my B7 back last night cuz the Engine Check Light, turned out I'd been drivin with 3 cylinders...