A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP

I just bought my first Audi. It’s a 2006 a4 Quattro 2.0T. It ran great for about 2000 miles. I was driving it to work yesterday and my check engine light, traction control and epc lights are on And it Took about 6 blocks for my car to reach 30 mph and I had it floored. I parked it for a day and now it runs fine and no lights on the dash. I took it to auto zone and they said check my acceleration sensor fuse. I can’t seem to find that. Today I sent to start my car and the brand new battery was dead. When I charged the battery I noticed the cooling fan was on which must of killed my battery. Why is my fan not turning off? It’s been running for about an hour now. Engine is cool. TIA
Old 12-04-2017, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Lucas Ziemer
I just bought my first Audi. It’s a 2006 a4 Quattro 2.0T. It ran great for about 2000 miles. I was driving it to work yesterday and my check engine light, traction control and epc lights are on And it Took about 6 blocks for my car to reach 30 mph and I had it floored. I parked it for a day and now it runs fine and no lights on the dash. I took it to auto zone and they said check my acceleration sensor fuse. I can’t seem to find that. Today I sent to start my car and the brand new battery was dead. When I charged the battery I noticed the cooling fan was on which must of killed my battery. Why is my fan not turning off? It’s been running for about an hour now. Engine is cool. TIA
Sounds like a similar problem i had when I bought mine. How many mile are on it? The reason I ask is it may be time for new coil pack and spark plugs. I got mine from ECS tuning a few years back to too expensive. I hear you are supposed to change them ever 50k. I changed mine at 51k and Im at 120K and now about to do them again.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JB20
Sounds like a similar problem i had when I bought mine. How many mile are on it? The reason I ask is it may be time for new coil pack and spark plugs. I got mine from ECS tuning a few years back to too expensive. I hear you are supposed to change them ever 50k. I changed mine at 51k and Im at 120K and now about to do them again.
Sorry that was supposed to say that they were "not too expensive" i dont know what happened there.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It has 110,000 miles. I’ll try the coils and spark plugs. Now the cooling fan turns off but the battery is still draining. I don’t get what keeps killing my battery
Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JB20
Originally Posted by Lucas Ziemer
It has 110,000 miles. I’ll try the coils and spark plugs. Now the cooling fan turns off but the battery is still draining. I don’t get what keeps killing my battery
Could just be time for a new battery. If your cars starts and runs fine then It most likely would not be your alternator, it would be an old battery. That about $100-200 depending on the battery. If you have AAA they will come out and test the whole system for free and run a report for you. If they have the battery they will change there on the spot for you and warranty the battery.

As for the initial problem. My scenario I bought my car with 51k. The coils pack and spark plugs never were replaced. After having similar symptoms that you are having I changed both the coil packs and spark plugs at 55k Ive since been running strong and I just reached 120K. Ive been told that these need to be repalced every 50k Im sure I pushing my luck right now, but if it aint broke don't fix it. I think if you are confident and possess basic mechanical skills and tools, you should be able to do them yourself. Take your time don't rush. If your hesitant than i would find an Audi mechanic or a auto shop that specializes in Audi, don't trust autozone for advice. Give the local dealer a call. You never know they might be cheaper, and they will give you a courtesy car for free. Hope this helps.