A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Help on Clutch switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Clutch switch

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so go easy on me. I have been reading alot about the clutch switches and wonder what any one thinks. It rides just a little bit rougher than I remember when shifting in particular 1st and 2nd, also I have lost cruise control it will not even show up. I have located the clutch swithc which is a little blue switch with a black plunger that is depressed when engaging clutch. I can't find one in any stores around and am traveling in my car tommoro. Any idea if this is the problem and if it is, will it do damage if I let it go a few more days?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had that problem and fixed it 2 weeks ago. Revs hung between shifts and the cruise control used to not work. All that was fixed replacing the ONE clutch switch.

The blue switch that you mention I believe is the brake switch (atleast that's how it was on my 2006 A4)

I got my part on Europaparts.com but you can find it on other sites as well. The part number is 7H0927189.

The new revision of the switch was a tight fit but works perfectly. I should of documented it (as you really don't find that much documentation about it online). You will need an 8mm socket if I remember correctly.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Confirmation and clarification clutch switch/es EPC light

Hello guys,
I have been having an EPC light come on every single time after about 10 minutes driving the car ( 2006 A4, 3.2, 6 speed manual)
The cruise control never worked since I have had the car (~9 months).

I have replaced the brake switch, and the clutch switch. Nothing changed until I realized there are two (2) clutch switches...
One is for starting the car, under the pedal ( the first one I replaced )
and the second one, which is located up top under the cover, next to the brake switch. The part number is the one mentioned in this thread.
Since I put it on, the cruise control works, no more EPC light and somehow the car even has more peps on acceleration... Not sure why but I'm ok with it 😁
I am not mentioning colors for the switches as it seems to be random.
Also, the new switch was different than the original but works magic. Will post pics later.

Hope this helps someone and thank you all for contributing to this awesome knowledge forum.

Cheers!

AB