A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

New Service Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Service Bulletin

This warning light came on Thursday. ( A yellow headlight with an arrow) Called the dealer and they said to bring it in. I told them it wasn't a pic found in the manual. Then I did a search on this forum and found some other posts. https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/24794.phtml (Warning lights)
Thanks to Steve, I was able to take a picture into the dealer to show them the exact warning light. (Otherwise, I think they would just think I was a woman just getting things mixed up!!)
Anyway, bottom line is a new Service Bulletin is going to be coming out in the next few days to address the problem.
At the 5K service, I did have them adjust the level of my lights (seemed to aim too low) and this might have thrown off the sensor.
Thanks to this forum for always providing such helpful info.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: New Service Bulletin

I think i had that same light come on around 1500 mi or so. I was about to freak out, but I pulled over and shut off the car and turned it back on with no problem light...luckily no warning light since. Hopefully it was just a glich but if it happens again im taking it in.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Just had the same happen

Freaked out my wife. "Problem" went away after re-starting the car, which is 5900 miles now.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Just had the same happen

same here, but after turning off car and back on no issues. it did kill the adaptive turning of the lights prior to powercycling the car.

so is there really something documented about the problem? or just that audi is ack'ing the warning?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default They're replacing something (may be unrelated)

Have a 06 A4, tip+q with hid lights. Not s-line. Had that warning come on twice before my 5k service. Printed out the picture from this forum and showed it to my service person and described the problem. She took a passing glance at it and said something like oh, that's a headlight warning.... Uh yeah, I know. What is it? Casually said they'd look at it. 2 hours later 5k service complete and they said everything looks fine. Doubt they even looked into the issue. Drove off and hoped the light would come on again... but it didn't.

Now at 6.5K started getting right dipped headlight warnings. Sometimes (with the car parked on level ground as well as when driving) the right headlight would turn on, then after about 30 seconds start flickering, and then shut off. Turning the lights off and then back on several times (4x-5x) would usually work in keeping it on. Also problem seems worst in the morning. May or may not be related, but this started happening sometime after I switched to winter wheels/tires (went down to 215/55 16") and thought maybe something to do with suspension and auto leveling. Called them up and told them what's happening (including that I switched to winter tires) and get this... they tell me to try taking off the ezpass that's on the windshield in front of the right side of the rear view mirror. Said it causes interference or something :O Told them that the ezpass has been on the windshield ever since I got the car, but they insisted saying some sensor is in the mirror, blah blah... so to humor them I took it off. No surprise, still had the problem. So scheduled a service appointment last Friday (12/23).

Droped off car and got a loaner since they said it'll take a full day to diagnose. Got a call later saying they need to order some part. Acutally had my wife to all this, so they are talking to her and she didn't get/understand the full details. From what I can gather, it sounds like they took apart the front bumper and need to order some sensor. Acutally she said they need to order some part to check the sensor... but that doesn't seem right. It still hasn't come in, but now they tell us it should come in today and be ready Wednesday. I'm not optimistic, but I'll see what happens. Will post details about what they actually did once I get it back as I see some other people are getting the dipped headlight error.

On a side note, told them about the hesitation we get sometimes when stepping on the gas. The infamous 1-2 second delay. They said that it's normal for all audi's.... Didn't get into it with them right then as I'll just let them handle this headlight issue first. Will bring the car back in again later to deal with the hesitation. Someone posted earlier that it may be related to something with the throttle programming?

Have to say though that I'm glad I got the xenon lights (well I'll be glad if they fix this problem), they are definitely a lot brighter than the halogens. In the loaner I had to keep checking to make sure that the headlights were on because they looked so dim!