A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

(PART I) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (PART I) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

This post is to explain what I assume as insignificant return service for which ECS Tuning stands behind. I’ve ordered Genuine OEM IPOD adapter for my 2007 Audi A4, and after installing it, I've noticed that it won't charge my Apple Iphone 3GS. After spending good 4 hours flipping from page to page and figuring out one of the most complex set of instructions, the final setup did not impress me at all, so I decided that I'd rather get a different setup from Enfig Car Stereo that charges my Iphone and allows me to see the text of my songs, and all additional goodies.

Dension GW16AC1 Gateway 100 Audi12 Pin
Dension IPO4DC9
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...UDI_A4_07.html
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part II) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

During the process of returning their Audi IPOD adapter, herein lies my negative emotions paving in. I called ECS tuning returns rep named "Benny", and while on the phone, being totally honest with myself, I requested to return the item which I was gladly going to pay the shipping cost. Then Benny said there was a 15% restocking fee. This then triggered the mental image when I first received the item.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part III) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

The Audi Ipod adapter came with the box in terrible worn out shape as if someone hit it and stretched it back out into the original shape. It was obvious that someone opened it as the latch is hanging loose, one of two wiring harness was missing, and the letters in the stickers were almost faded away. It was as if someone else tried to install it, they couldn’t do it so they returned it, and ECS guys sent it out again.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part IV) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

The missing harness was never required nor needed during the installation process, but that’s not the issue. Even the web picture at ECS tuning site clearly showed two wiring harnesses when I ordered it. The missing harness was just used for a different stereo.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part V) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_A4-...ereo/ES251287/

With 15% restocking fee on my mind, all I’m stressing out in this post is that if ECS is going to send parts from Audi OEM product in its original Audi box, why not give us the entire product. Even the manual which came with the box showed a list of items and two wiring harnesses was in there.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part VI) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

For future sake, what if we decide to sell it to another person and they’ve got a different hookup. I browsed on the web, and one of the DIYer showed a picture of the same kit, but his picture showed two wiring harnesses. I just felt that instead of taking parts out from Audi’s original box, ECS guys should send us entire product without taking anything out from the box. IF THEY’RE SENDING ONLY ONE HARNESS, THEY SHOULD HAVE ONLY ONE HARNESS IN THEIR PICTURE ON THEIR WEBSITE.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part VII) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

I politely asked for 10% restocking fee instead of 15%, but with direct answer “Benny” said that it was not under their policy. Was it wrong for me to ask for a clement return policy from company this big? I would assume not, and I have to pay extra ~$40 out of my own pocket for not liking this kit.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default (Part VIII) Tuning Genuine Audi Ipod Adapters

Should have done more research before buying this adapter, but since I was a sucker for genuine Audi product, thought this would be it. In the future, I would be a bit more hesitant about ordering specific electronics from ECS guys. At least place like Costco don’t mind any returns even if the products are beat up. If ECS guys strive for this and make it happen, that will be the day that I might get my dream R8.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sounds like someone's regretting their poor decisions and blaming others for it.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Actually this post is to let audi consumers know how they can make a smarter choice at buying Ipod adapters, and not go through the mistake that I made. I'm sure this post will help those individuals make second consideration before buying from ECS tuning folks.