Vacuum Leak - P0171/P0507 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Vacuum Leak - P0171/P0507
Notices
A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Leak - P0171/P0507

Reply

 
 
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Vacuum Leak - P0171/P0507

I am quite the noobie when it comes to automotive repair; I know trucks and especially military vehicles, but never a European car like my wifeís Audi. Right now I face the problem of a vacuum line or something of the like. I am getting the error codes:

P0171 - System too lean; low fuel pressure or volume; Probable cause: 1. Faulty HO2S, 2. Large vacuum leak, 3. Faulty MAF sensor
P0507 - Idle Air control system RPM higher than expected; Large vacuum leak on engine: Probable cause 1. Throttle plate misadjusted or damaged 2. Faulty IAC valve

Some back ground: Weather has gone from moderate to sub-temperatures; the car is parked in the garage every night, in a parking garage during the day, driven 40 minutes total per day. It is a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T with 82,000 miles.

I am attempting to locate, the vacuum tubes but I am not quiet sure what I need to look for. All the places I look online are kind of cryptic and donít do a great job at describing what to look for. If anyone has a good large res explosion chart of the vacuum tubes, Throttle plate, MAF sensor it would be of great help.
-or-
If anyone has an idea as to what I can do to fix my problem, I would be indebted to you.

Thank you.
SomeNoobie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 151
Default

Those codes could mean a bad pressure regulator valve (PCV). It's a common problem on these engines. Same codes I had, and others on this forum.

Pull off the plastic engine cover and you'll see it. Looks like this:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...y/DSCF1138.jpg
mscav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
  #3
Audiworld Premium Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,553
Default

I'd double check your cam follower.
MikekiM@PureMS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 AM
  #4
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Originally Posted by mscav View Post
Those codes could mean a bad pressure regulator valve (PCV). It's a common problem on these engines. Same codes I had, and others on this forum.

Pull off the plastic engine cover and you'll see it. Looks like this:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...y/DSCF1138.jpg

Were is the Best Place to Buy the PVC Valve ?
mrsaynomo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 239
Default

got it at dealer so you will get a latest version of crank case pressure regulator.

Try to pull oil filler cap while engine at idle. If it is so hard to pull the cap, the crank case pressure regulator valve is the most likely problem.
oaktreelimb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
  #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by oaktreelimb View Post
got it at dealer so you will get a latest version of crank case pressure regulator.

Try to pull oil filler cap while engine at idle. If it is so hard to pull the cap, the crank case pressure regulator valve is the most likely problem.
where is this crank case pressure regulator valve located?
suicideking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:14 PM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'd double check your cam follower.
what does the cam follower have to do with this?
suicideking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 239
Default

Crank case pressure regulator valve is mounted on valve cover and has two hoses connected to it.
oaktreelimb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Default Crankcase pressure regulator valve

Originally Posted by mscav View Post
Those codes could mean a bad pressure regulator valve (PCV). It's a common problem on these engines. Same codes I had, and others on this forum.

Pull off the plastic engine cover and you'll see it. Looks like this:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...y/DSCF1138.jpg
Which one of these is the updated one, http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200...ent_valve.html . I'm having the same idling issues and I'm not sure if the regulator valve should be blowing air out of it at such a high sound. It only happens when I am parked.
Ronnier A Rodriguez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 AM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: sunny florida
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by SomeNoobie View Post
I am quite the noobie when it comes to automotive repair; I know trucks and especially military vehicles, but never a European car like my wifeís Audi. Right now I face the problem of a vacuum line or something of the like. I am getting the error codes:

P0171 - System too lean; low fuel pressure or volume; Probable cause: 1. Faulty HO2S, 2. Large vacuum leak, 3. Faulty MAF sensor
P0507 - Idle Air control system RPM higher than expected; Large vacuum leak on engine: Probable cause 1. Throttle plate misadjusted or damaged 2. Faulty IAC valve

Some back ground: Weather has gone from moderate to sub-temperatures; the car is parked in the garage every night, in a parking garage during the day, driven 40 minutes total per day. It is a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T with 82,000 miles.

I am attempting to locate, the vacuum tubes but I am not quiet sure what I need to look for. All the places I look online are kind of cryptic and donít do a great job at describing what to look for. If anyone has a good large res explosion chart of the vacuum tubes, Throttle plate, MAF sensor it would be of great help.
-or-
If anyone has an idea as to what I can do to fix my problem, I would be indebted to you.

Thank you.
there is a tsb on that,also on flap motor,possable fuel pressure ck valve too,give your vin# to your dealership and see what happens,should be free under warrt.,hope that helps,
audi01a6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Galco
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
32
04-26-2017 11:56 AM
levansula
A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
20
08-02-2016 06:11 AM
Kaotiic_S4
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
2
11-17-2015 11:41 AM
bballfreak
A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
4
10-12-2015 05:14 PM
HZ60
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
0
09-30-2015 05:48 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:54 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: