A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

WARNING to potential buyers from an owner...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING to potential buyers from an owner...

have a 2005.5 S4, thought the warranty was bumper to bumper as advertised, instead it's only SCHEDULED maintenance, unlike BMW which covers everything... Car out of alignment, tough luck. MBenz did this to its owners a year ago, now Audi - sign of two marques in so much trouble that they need to bait and switch. How sad...
Old 12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default There never were unlimited services

Not even on my '98.5. The alignment was on my nickel, as Audi can't really be held responsible for your kissing the curb...

The bumper to bumper warranty pays for things that go wrong, like broken switches, sunroofs, dead radios and such. The Audi Advantage pays for scheduled maintenance, which has been significantly lengthened due to the switch to synthetic lubricants. If you think you know better than the engineers, you are free to change the oil every 3000 miles. Just be sure to use the proper grade of oil, not the cheap crap.

Whatever you think of it, it's a hell of a lot better than the nothing (service-wise) that was included on my wife's Passat!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: There never were unlimited services

I was under the immpression that it is bumper to bumper for the A4s. Doesnt one of their ads say we cover everything including wiper blades. or something like that?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh, no BMW warranty covers alignments. Why would they cover something that isn't their problem?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

No wiper blades, only 1 brake job, VERY different than advertised. BMW pays for all that...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Never heard of such a warranty.

Warranties cover hidden defects and problems that can be attributed to the manufacturer. Damage caused by the owner is usually not covered by warranty. I've never heard of a manufacturer's warranty covering alignments, unless such can be attributed to suspension or wheel problems. The scheduled maintenance that Audi and certain other car manufacturers provide to their cars' buyers is not a warranty. Believe it or not, "free" scheduled maintenance is a built-in cost. In addition to my `05.5 A4 2.0T Q, I own an `04 Lexus GX470, and an `04 Lexus SC430 (with purchased extended warranties for the latter two cars) and none of the Lexus cars are warranted for allignments.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uh, I don't know what you are smoking, but the '05.5s sure do cover wiper blades and brake jobs.

And you are confusing Audi Advantage with the warranty. If you bother reading your manual it tells you exactly what is covered. You should have done your research before you bought the car. If you think any manufacturer is going to cover 100% of the car, you sir, are an uneducated buyer. Don't make your lack of research everyone elses problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2006 cut back even more...

...and now excludes most wear items that used to be covered, including wiper blades and brakes. As far as alignment, my former BMW's were always covered under warranty. My 2005 Corvette offers alignment under warranty for the first 7,000 miles. Audi's warranty has gotten much more restrictive in the last year or so, and is now far less competitive than it used to be.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Uh, no BMW warranty covers alignments. Why would they cover something that isn't their problem?

Audi covered alignments as an adjustment under Audi Advantage, which has been correctly pointed out in this thread as NOT a warrranty. Audi's adjustment coverage under warranty is 6/6, which it has been for several model years. What has changed is adjustments are no longer covered by Audi Advantage.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Problem is that if you watch an audi commercial or what not you hear everything is...

covered on the "new" a4, but they change coverage options from MY to MY making it very difficult for consumers to keep track. Even changes from 05.5 to 06. Same thing on the B6 occured so you have people sitting in line with a car built 5 months apart under the same platform getting very different service. cheers! Mike

Quick Reply: WARNING to potential buyers from an owner...