A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Regulator

Hello all. I am planning on replacing a front window regulator this weekend on an 06 A4. I have looked in the tech articles and found an article regarding replacement of a windor regulator on a B5 or B6 (i forget). The article references having to drill out rivets. However, the dealer's parts department tells me their diagram calls for the regulator to be bolted in.

Has anyone done replaced a regulator on a 2006? Bolts or rivets? And how much of a pain is it to tackle this? I'm figuring the worst part will be getting the door panel off.

Thanks

Jim
Old 04-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, I guess nobody has had the pleasure of tackling this project on this forum. Well, i was able to replace the window regulator, but I have to say it was a major PITA.

If you tackle this projbect, make sure to pick up extra door panel clips, I tried to be careful but I still broke the majority of them getting the door panel off.

The window regulator was not riveted in, which was good. However, finding all the bolts that hold the window frame in place was quite challenging without having any pictures to help me. I was able to google "door panel removal audi B7" and find some helpful hints, but none of the pictures matched my car. There were probably 4 "hidden" bolts involved. If I was savvy enough to use photoshop and hightlight the bolts I would post pictures for the next poor soul. One bolt is hidden behind the speaker in the door, another two are under a plastic cover by the rear view mirror, etc.

There is also a foam membrane inside the door which must be peeled away without puncturing (something to do with the side curtain air bag sensor, read that on a post somewhere).

All in it took me about three hours, probably cut that in half if I ever had to do it again. Lots of time spend figuring how to get door panel off and finding hidden bolts for the window frame. I'll see if I can't figure out how to make the pictures I took helpful.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jt07a4
Hello all. I am planning on replacing a front window regulator this weekend on an 06 A4. I have looked in the tech articles and found an article regarding replacement of a window regulator on a B5 or B6 (i forget). The article references having to drill out rivets. However, the dealer's parts department tells me their diagram calls for the regulator to be bolted in.

Has anyone done replaced a regulator on a 2006? Bolts or rivets? And how much of a pain is it to tackle this? I'm figuring the worst part will be getting the door panel off.

Thanks

Jim
Were you able to replace your regulator in your own? Can we see some pictures? I want to change mine too. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default links w/regulator details

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221875

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2380189

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UP1R...rom=PL&index=9