A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

xeon install

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xeon install

hi there. am a MB driver and new to AUDI so have no idea. I am about to purchase a A4, B7 model. The spec. said it will have normal lighting therefore I am not getting bi-xeon. Wondering if AUDI can install bi-xeon yourself. Any web site sows the mod.?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 AM

Default I think....

you mean bi-xeNon.

You probably could install it yourself as a standalone, but I am thinking your going to have a heck of a time adapting/tuning it with your steering wheel; which makes it 'adapative', otherwise it'd just be a the housing.

I could be wrong though... would be a biatch, especially if you are getting AUDI to install it, they'd probably charge you an arm and a leg.

Funny thing is that they don't have it on a stand alone option but do have it on the A3 as a standalone.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I think....

YES. thats the thing. I can't get it as a standalone option like MB!

I can skip the adaptive. I just NEED the better light in white. I cannot go back to a car that comes with yellowish lighting!

any help will be good. For MB, we can just buy the parts and replace it, then enable the bi-xeon = present. I am hoping AUDI will be similar.

any help?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re:

just picked up a used 06 A4 with no xenon i was wondering the same thing !
Old 04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: xeon install - What the dealer's technician told me

I asked my technician about converting to xenon when I had my `05.5 2.0T Quattro in for the 5K service. They told me that installing an after-market xenon headlight system could "fry" my electrical system because of the different watts for the xenon. They didn't say it was impossible, but that it would be very expensive to convert from my existing headlight system.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default looking for projectors, s4 standards maybe?

i'm waiting for someone to offer the projectors...apparently the s4 comes standard with non-adaptive xenon lights, i was thinking of maybe trying to find these somewhere

as for the install itself, apparently the wiring needs to be modified and without electrical modification (resistor i think) errors will be indicated by the car

a ton of people want to do this, especially with non projector lenses as standard equipment. i contacted AWE about the lights, they do not yet offer them but indicated they were looking
Old 04-24-2006, 02:23 AM

Default I did it, I purchased my car with Halogen Changed over to HID

I purchased my car with Halogen Headlighting, I went ahead purchased two Brand New Bi-Xenon headlights. I popped the Harness off my Halogen Headlights, and popped the Harness off my HID Headlights and switched it up. You have to cut the wires from the harnesses and re-connect them. Also on the Passanger side of the car you must add extra length to the Wire Harness coming from the car because on the halogen headlight the harness is located at the middle bottom, on the Bi-Xenon it is located on the left side of the headlight for the right side, and the right side of the headlight for the left side. As for Resitors, no you do not need them, just use the VAG-COM to reprogram your car CODES. I have not got one error yet, Halogen run at 55watts and HIDs run at a LOWER wattage whichi s 35watts, you will not fry a single thing, next time you see your TECH hit him with some facts. There is also one more person on the forum who has did this, he use using a more powerful Ballast which runs at 50watts, his getting some errors due to his custom set up.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: xeon install - What the dealer's technician told me

Halogen Headlights run at 55WATTS, HID headlights run at 35WATTS, they take in LESS POWER, but MORE volts. You can also re-program the car with VAG so it knows your running HIDs. I would personally tell my TECH his HIGH.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:27 AM

Default Re: I think....

I doubt there is any way you can do the Adaptive HIDs on the car, and if they're is, its for sure more then 30 Hours of labor since its about 21 hours of labor just to do the self leveling.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I upgrades my to xenon like alex...im running 50W ballast thought

Quick Reply: xeon install