A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 A4 and Galaxy S7 Edge - Bluetooth AUDIO streaming

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 A4 and Galaxy S7 Edge - Bluetooth AUDIO streaming

Hi

I just got this car and it has the Nav system. Loving everything about it.. except I can't stream bluetooth audio (I use spotify mostly). It links up fine for bluetooth handfree calls and contacts.

Normally on my S7 Edge I have an option to separately link audio/calls/contacts, but audio is just not there when connected to the Audi. I also don't see anything in the Audi menu for Bluetooth audio. If I go to media and source, there's nothing there. I refuse to believe this isn't possible. I have had Infiniti, Lexus, Acura.. crappy american rental cars.. every single one can link bluetooth audio. I have searched everywhere online and can't seem to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Audio streaming A2DP was introduced for the A4 at the facelift, ~2012, (and requires the Nav+ system). If it has AMI, there are reports on bluetooth interfaces that can be added to that but I'm not familiear with those and how it works with your android phone.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by guyrelax
Hi

I just got this car and it has the Nav system. Loving everything about it.. except I can't stream bluetooth audio (I use spotify mostly). It links up fine for bluetooth handfree calls and contacts.

Normally on my S7 Edge I have an option to separately link audio/calls/contacts, but audio is just not there when connected to the Audi. I also don't see anything in the Audi menu for Bluetooth audio. If I go to media and source, there's nothing there. I refuse to believe this isn't possible. I have had Infiniti, Lexus, Acura.. crappy american rental cars.. every single one can link bluetooth audio. I have searched everywhere online and can't seem to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.
I have a 2011 a4 and most likely I would say you would need a Bluetooth adapter like it did in mine. If you look in your globe box there should be a flap next to the valet button. You plug in your audio devices in here, mine had an old iPhone 4s connector on it, I purchased a Tune2air Bluetooth adapter and It works good. I use a galaxy S6 so I can't see there being a problem. Under Bluetooth settings on my phone it says Audi Uhv and that's where I send calls. I connect to a second Bluetooth device (Bluetooth adapter) and send music there. Hope this helps!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, Your only option is a third party device like the Tune2Air. I tried that one but returned it and got the CarPro.. a couple of bucks cheaper. The only downside is, it will stay connected after the car is turned off, for a short period of time. It will also NOT display the playlist or songs titles etc... on the media screen in the car. You will still be able to use the next button on the steering wheel or dash, but that's it. It was designed for an ipod/apple connection in the glove box... Here is the CarPro link (the Amazon Icon below)... I too use primarily spotify...
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by smsaudi
Yeah, Your only option is a third party device like the Tune2Air. I tried that one but returned it and got the CarPro.. a couple of bucks cheaper. The only downside is, it will stay connected after the car is turned off, for a short period of time. It will also NOT display the playlist or songs titles etc... on the media screen in the car. You will still be able to use the next button on the steering wheel or dash, but that's it. It was designed for an ipod/apple connection in the glove box... Here is the CarPro link (the Amazon Icon below)... I too use primarily spotify...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For some odd reason song titles do come up with my company iPhone but not android. Shipped to Canada the tuneair adapter was around 120$ but I have no complaints it works fine.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It will work fine with iPhone.. It is designed for iPhones and iPods. It's the Android system that will not display the titles etc...
Old 05-10-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 2014 A4 w/o NAV and a Samsung Galaxy S7. Do you all use Tune2Air without any issues? I've been debating which one I wanted to purchase.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sound Air
Try https://sound2air.com/collections/au...etooth-adapter
They have adapters for both MMI 2G and 3G depending on your Audi MMI
yeah I ended up getting CarPro and haven't experienced any issues. Sounds pretty good. It was cheaper and less work on the install.