A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 Audi A4 car idle bad,shakes at idle,cheek engine light on,epc light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Audi A4 car idle bad,shakes at idle,cheek engine light on,epc light on

Hello I’m new to this form I’m have trouble finding out what’s wrong with my car I have a 2011 Audi A4 manual with 130k I did the timeing chain at 110k and car ran fine after recently I have an issue with rlly bad idle the car will shake erratically only at idle if I would leave it at idle the car would go into limo mode the epic light will go on. This only happens at idle the car runs perfectly fine above 1200 rpms i
have power runs great, I recently did a carbon clean by hand dident help, i cheek compression got 150 seems good for a high mileage, changed my spark plugs noting , cheek the coil packs seems to be good , the code I get when I plug it into the computer is po3002 misfire on cilinder 2 but I recently used a snap on computer and it said all my Cylinders are missfireing but 2 is the worst. And I would like to add that my parking brake malfunction/airbag light is on . Can someone please help me I don’t have the money to bring it to the shops I’m 25 and I have a kid comeing in 1 mouth
Old 12-01-2018, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,868 Likes on 1,587 Posts

No codes about lean or intake leak? No whistle sound? Does it idle more smoothly if you pull the cap to the oil dipstick tube? Only experience I've had with rough idle but drives fine is when the PCV diaphragm tore. But that comes with codes for random misfire on all cylinders and such.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMac770
No codes about lean or intake leak? No whistle sound? Does it idle more smoothly if you pull the cap to the oil dipstick tube? Only experience I've had with rough idle but drives fine is when the PCV diaphragm tore. But that comes with codes for random misfire on all cylinders and such.
Thank you for replying!

i recently used a snap on computer scanner and it said all my cylinders are missfireing but 2 and 3 are the worst I took apart my PCv valve and noticed a lot of oil in it idk if that normal. But it appears to be good not sure. I pulled the dipstick cover and it makes the car shake even more so I think I don’t have a vacuum leak this started happening after I went to Valvoline and got my oil change and the over filled the oil so when I pulled away the car started shouting out a lot of white smoke so I turned around and they did the oil change again car ran fine after about a week after I had this problem oh and when I had turn around my car gave me a cheek engine like for a 02 sensor but we cleared it and never got that code again
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaetano1118

Thank you for replying!

i recently used a snap on computer scanner and it said all my cylinders are missfireing but 2 and 3 are the worst I took apart my PCv valve and noticed a lot of oil in it idk if that normal. But it appears to be good not sure. I pulled the dipstick cover and it makes the car shake even more so I think I don’t have a vacuum leak this started happening after I went to Valvoline and got my oil change and the over filled the oil so when I pulled away the car started shouting out a lot of white smoke so I turned around and they did the oil change again car ran fine after about a week after I had this problem oh and when I had turn around my car gave me a cheek engine like for a 02 sensor but we cleared it and never got that code again
The oil was over filled and the car was run and you got white smoke. It is fair to believe you put oil into the exhaust system and may he damaged the catalytic converter. Also you most likely damaged the O2 sensor. Next was excessive oil in the PCV . Also spark plug miss fire most likely from excess oil . I am surprised you don't have engine seal leaks. I would pull the spark plugs and replace them. Clean out the PCV assembly and check for damage. Replace the O2 sensor and have the Cat checked as you may need to replace it too. Hopefully the over oil issue didn't cause damage to the lower end of the engine.