A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2012 A4 Avant rattles

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 A4 Avant rattles

We have a 2 year old 2012 A4 Avant, and have noticed basically since day one that there are annoying rattles coming from the upper areas of both front window frames when the windows are up. These rattles go away if the windows are lowered even slightly. Dealer can't find any problems. Anyone know of this issue particular to wagons or know of a fix?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No probels like that

Mine is a 2012 with 20K miles and no similar problem

Originally Posted by perryvax
We have a 2 year old 2012 A4 Avant, and have noticed basically since day one that there are annoying rattles coming from the upper areas of both front window frames when the windows are up. These rattles go away if the windows are lowered even slightly. Dealer can't find any problems. Anyone know of this issue particular to wagons or know of a fix?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No noises on my 2009 Avant from that area, though it the panoramic sunroof did creak until the dealer made some adjustments. I'd love to see pics of your car, what blue is that?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also have no issues from the window frames, but like BMWBig6, I have a lot of creaking from the sunroof. But unlike BMWBig6, the dealer was unable to fix mine.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 11 avant was super tight, and I never had a squeak or rattle in the year and a half I had it. But if you have some serious rattles up in that area, it can be fixed.

Honestly, it's tough to get Audi and technicians to fix rattles.

And if you want to know why... technicians DON'T get compensated by Audi to fix rattles or issues like that. Techs want to turn hours and get paid. So it's not in their financial interest to spend enless hours on it trying to fix rattles.

That's why you get the ...."can't find the problem" answer.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
No noises on my 2009 Avant from that area, though it the panoramic sunroof did creak until the dealer made some adjustments. I'd love to see pics of your car, what blue is that?
Hi, thanks for your response. My roof doesn't rattle, thank goodness. I'll have them work at it again the next service. That is Nogaro Blue Pearl... we ordered it via Audi Exclusive. I thought it was one of a kind until I saw a post of another Avant in Nogaro in the Hershey, PA area... his has DriveSelect, mine has adaptive cruise. I love the car except for the window rattles!!

Rick
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
My 11 avant was super tight, and I never had a squeak or rattle in the year and a half I had it. But if you have some serious rattles up in that area, it can be fixed.

Honestly, it's tough to get Audi and technicians to fix rattles.

And if you want to know why... technicians DON'T get compensated by Audi to fix rattles or issues like that. Techs want to turn hours and get paid. So it's not in their financial interest to spend enless hours on it trying to fix rattles.

That's why you get the ...."can't find the problem" answer.
I will try again to have them ride with me to show how bad it is; maybe the window regulators can be adjusted tighter??? I don't know, but it is really annoying.

Rick
Old 12-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default rattles!!! fooey!!

Originally Posted by taxman1
Mine is a 2012 with 20K miles and no similar problem
I don't even have 20K yet, but I swear the rattling started prior to 12K. I like winter in Tampa, I can open the windows and make the rattling go away.

Rick
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by perryvax
That is Nogaro Blue Pearl... we ordered it via Audi Exclusive.
More pics please!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Window seals maybe? Gummipflege (sp?) to treat them?

Quick Reply: 2012 A4 Avant rattles