A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2012 A4 order guide new options

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
There surely is an A4 Avant available for the 2012 MY. Here are the relevant Order Guide pages...
Thanks a lot!

Ok, I'm in for an A4/Avant... I really wanted the S-line for the seats & Alum. trim, but not a fan of the Ti blackout & wheels on the Avant. Now it looks like if I want S-Line/ADS, I'll get the Ti. I'll have to rethink...

Thanks again!

-Spaghettipie
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
George over @ Fourtitude said he saw a 2012 mockup @ AoA with the Clacier White and that it's planned as the IW replacement. Might be a mid MY change like the Ti Package.
Ohhhh hmmmm might have to wait until that's available before I order..
Old 04-22-2011, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
My take on this is Audi is being aggresive on the A4. The new 3 series is coming out next year and they want to keep the heat on and value up on the A4.
It depends on what happens to the price of the P+ trim. Perhaps it will remain the same, since a number of folks thought P+ was kind of overpriced given its content. But if it goes up say by $1000, I don't think it will sit very well with many folks.

I have mixed feelings about the new P+. While seat memory and exterior dimming mirrors can be useful, I wonder how many people will care about the S-line gimmickery. My understanding is that it is nearly impossible to find cars with the S-line package at dealerships, because not many people were interested. Perhaps Audi wants to get rid of excess logos and bumpers I don't know how the front and back spoilers look like, but hopefully not too cheesey/racer boyish. As to the 18" wheels, some people will like it, but I suspect others won't.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, can someone post some pics that compare/contrast the s-line bumpers/side moldings compared to the base configuration from 2011? Thx.

Originally Posted by av_audi
It depends on what happens to the price of the P+ trim. Perhaps it will remain the same, since a number of folks thought P+ was kind of overpriced given its content. But if it goes up say by $1000, I don't think it will sit very well with many folks.

I have mixed feelings about the new P+. While seat memory and exterior dimming mirrors can be useful, I wonder how many people will care about the S-line gimmickery. My understanding is that it is nearly impossible to find cars with the S-line package at dealerships, because not many people were interested. Perhaps Audi wants to get rid of excess logos and bumpers I don't know how the front and back spoilers look like, but hopefully not too cheesey/racer boyish. As to the 18" wheels, some people will like it, but I suspect others won't.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I wonder whether this is representative: http://www.audi.com/etc/medialib/cms....0096.File.pdf
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by av_audi
I wonder whether this is representative: http://www.audi.com/etc/medialib/cms....0096.File.pdf
Hmmm.... so you think that the "style package" is the same thing in the order book that is listed as included in the P+? Meaning... front and rear "spoilers/lips"? What if one doesn't fancy the spoilers? It's hard to tell if the style package is the same or different than the S-line visual enhancements.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone have a sense for weather Audi typically adds additional colors by the time the model year rolls around? I was hoping for Glacier White or Meteor Grey Pearl... (MGP gone and Glacier White mid year... )

The guide shows 7 options to the current 11 so I'm hoping for some other options, or waiting for the Glacier Mid Year...

Brad
Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2012 Sline bumpers and grill / rocker panels should be exactly like the current S line car.

As far as value, it's a huge plus for buyers. You had to get the top of the line Prestige model to get Sline exterior for the '11 models.

Now you can get the look of the exterior without having to pay for the full Sline package and getting the Prestige Package. That puts you at 46-47,000

So with the new 18" sport pacakge wheels included @ n/c and Sline rockers /bumpers, it'll be a great looking car.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice...Sport package with all-season tires!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The 2012 Sline bumpers and grill / rocker panels should be exactly like the current S line car.

As far as value, it's a huge plus for buyers. You had to get the top of the line Prestige model to get Sline exterior for the '11 models.

Now you can get the look of the exterior without having to pay for the full Sline package and getting the Prestige Package. That puts you at 46-47,000

So with the new 18" sport pacakge wheels included @ n/c and Sline rockers /bumpers, it'll be a great looking car.
I understand what you are saying, but not everyone likes that "look." It's hard for me to fully appreciate how it really looks like without having seen it in person, but based on the audiusa.com configurator, I am not convinced I prefer the S-line look. In fact, I suspect the average A4 buyer may prefer the more understated and fluid standard look.

Quick Reply: 2012 A4 order guide new options