A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 A4 Premium Plus - Lease end early & Black Optic question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A4 Premium Plus - Lease end early & Black Optic question

A newcomer here switching out of the BMW line after 12 years....

Test drove an excellent A4 yesterday at the dealer - 2.0T Premium Plus with Sport, MMI, and Black Optic packages.

The drive select feature made the car more connected in dynamic mode and turned me on to this car.

Coming from a BMW where the new F30 series are just awful in the steering and suspension, this A4 was amazing - Drive Select is a must !

Question: Is it possible or advisable to switch out the 19" titanium wheels w/ summer performance with 18" alloys w/ all seasons? Will that swap out affect anything regarding the lease and lease return ? The 19" wheels are nice but that darkened look plus brake dust will make it look black and I prefer not to look like a gang member. Is there any price negotiations to be done ?

Question: Another issue is that the dealer told me to just bring in the BMW and they will pay off the leasing company. They will not tell me the value of the BMW that is being leased in terms of whether I have equity. The dealer only says that there no monies being rolled into the A4 lease. Should I take that as I have equity ? How do I tell ?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4SallyPat
A newcomer here switching out of the BMW line after 12 years....

Test drove an excellent A4 yesterday at the dealer - 2.0T Premium Plus with Sport, MMI, and Black Optic packages.

The drive select feature made the car more connected in dynamic mode and turned me on to this car.

Coming from a BMW where the new F30 series are just awful in the steering and suspension, this A4 was amazing - Drive Select is a must !

Question: Is it possible or advisable to switch out the 19" titanium wheels w/ summer performance with 18" alloys w/ all seasons? Will that swap out affect anything regarding the lease and lease return ? The 19" wheels are nice but that darkened look plus brake dust will make it look black and I prefer not to look like a gang member. Is there any price negotiations to be done ?

Question: Another issue is that the dealer told me to just bring in the BMW and they will pay off the leasing company. They will not tell me the value of the BMW that is being leased in terms of whether I have equity. The dealer only says that there no monies being rolled into the A4 lease. Should I take that as I have equity ? How do I tell ?
I don't see the point of paying $1300 for black optics to get rid of those great wheels and tires, but to each his/her own.

To answer your second question: take your current car to CarMax for a free appraisal. Subtract your lease payoff amount from the appraisal, and that would be your positive (or negative) equity.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:45 PM
User4119

Have you driven the F30 with the Dynamic Handling Package?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Black Optic All the Way!

I just got the new A4 with sport and black optic packages, and have to say that the combination is amazing. Great looks and handling. I do wonder how the wide 19 inch summer tires will handle in the snow, so may consider getting a narrower 18 inch set of all-season or high performance snow tires for the winter.

But seriously, why would you not want the 5-rotor wheels? The dark gun metal looks very cool with my car's glacier white metallic paint!