A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have the sellers contact info? I missed the GB
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tilhas
I have a 2012 B8 SLine will this fit?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tilhas
I wouldn't bother with Mass Drop. You can find the same grille on ebay for not much more. I just got one with chrome surround for $267 shipped. Here it is installed on my '09 Avant.

Originally Posted by oskars77
I have a 2012 B8 SLine will this fit?
Yes, it first the pre-facelift 2012, including S-Line and S4.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=PersonaNonGrata;24362779]I wouldn't bother with Mass Drop. You can find the same grille on ebay for not much more. I just got one with chrome surround for $267 shipped. Here it is installed on my '09 Avant.

Looks Great! Love the contrast!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=sharontha;24363799]
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata
I wouldn't bother with Mass Drop. You can find the same grille on ebay for not much more. I just got one with chrome surround for $267 shipped. Here it is installed on my '09 Avant.

Looks Great! Love the contrast!
Wow, that grille looks great! May I ask where you bought that one?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys! Here are a few more pics.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the silver-surround one from the first go-round with MassDrop. How hard is it to put in? Does anyone know of a guide to doing so? It can't be that hard, but I don't want to screw anything up.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheRebbie
I got the silver-surround one from the first go-round with MassDrop. How hard is it to put in? Does anyone know of a guide to doing so? It can't be that hard, but I don't want to screw anything up.

It's fairly easy. Make sure you have the necessary tools, including basic stuff like screw drivers, but also Torx screwdrivers or bits and a long socket extension. You will need Torx screw bits for most of the screws all over your Audi (or most other German cars) and the socket extension to reach the two 10mm bolts deep inside your wheel well that help hold your bumper on. Also, have black paint or Pasti-Dip for your crash bar.

There are directions online for removing the front bumper. Google that. Once you have your front bumper off, the grille is held on by several screws and plastic "tongue in groove" type clips. Remove the screws and carefully unclip the grille and it's out. Install the new grille in reverse of that and you're ready to put your bumper back in. Tip on that: I found that if you lift the bumper from the front center, you can guide it on by inserting the two front extensions into their sockets. (You'll see what I mean when you're in there.) Then sort of twist and snap each side in where it meets the fender. It will pop back into place with a noticeable "click".

Prior to reinstalling the bumper, you will have to address the now naked crash bar. Most guys paint it with black Plasti-Dip or some sort of black paint. I used a flat black high heat engine paint from a rattle can. I also did a bit of a custom touch to mine. I did not like the exposed crash bar even when painted. There is a deep indentation that runs horizontally along the width of the crash bar. I thought it looked unfinished so I fabricated a cover for my crash bar. That is why mine looks flat and smooth while others you might see have that indentation.

Unpainted crash bar:

Mine painted and covered:

Another thing you will have to do is find a place to mount your Homelink control box, if so equipped, and the outside temperature sensor. I double stick taped my Homelink behind the crash bar about dead center so the cable was hidden by the Audi rings. The temperature sensor now live inside the middle of the Audi rings with double stick tape. (See photos below.)

Last edited by PersonaNonGrata; 10-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anybody know what he did to the bottom part where it's silver? it looks great!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check Ebay for the bumper lip

Quick Reply: Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)