A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi Supplier Purchase Program - list of participating companies?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Supplier Purchase Program - list of participating companies?

Hi,

How do I find out if the company I work for participates in the Audi Supplier Purchase Program? I've been trying to find a list of companies with little success. I saw one for Canada, but I'm in Texas.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Your best bet is to check with your human resources dept. Or your Audi dealer should have a list.

Participating partner companies each have their own program negotiated with Audi.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Audi Supplier Purchase Program - list of participating companies?

Start by checking with your HR dept. If your company is not registered for this program, but you know that your company supplies Audi, it's easy enough to register. I contacted customer service(supplierpurchaseprogram@audi.com) and after supplying a copy of a recent Audi PO (purchase order)to my company, I was given a supplier # and was able to print a discount certificate off the Audi Supplier website - the whole process took less than an hour.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not sure if I agree with...

your statement that "participating partner companies each have their own program negotiated with Audi". As far as I know, if your company qualifies for the program, then you're entitled to the same discount under the program regardless of how much business your company does with Audi.

The certificate you get from Audisupplier.com seems to have pretty standard terms. From earlier posts I've seen on this topic, I think it's the dealers who have some discretion in how they honor the program (i.e. full 6% or something less). The dealer I bought from simply accepted the certificate (with a pay-stub to substantiate I worked for the supplier) and honored the full 6% discount.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Audi Supplier Purchase Program - list of participating companies?

Gonna be fun trying to figure out who I need to talk to in HR, I work for Dell. Or I could probably find out if Audi has a corporate business account and talk to the rep to get a copy of a PO.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That may be correct. Our deal with IBM was a 6% discount which my dealer

accepted without a lot of drama. The one I had some difficulty getting done was them accepting the Audi Driving Experience $500 discount coupon. The sales mgr wanted confirmation that ADE though Audi would honor it in conjunction with the supplier discount and he would be reimbursed (which he finally did). Then, of course, I also received my $500 check from Audi Club of North America in the mail last week.

My understanding is that the suppplier discount is reimbursed to the dealer at 50% by Audi so they are providing half from their pocket. That would explain any reluctance by a dealer to accept the disount.

Altogether, I received just shy of $4800 in discounts back in September - not too shabby.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default Paul you would be correct...and I happen to have the list somewhere in my desk...

Any participating dealership would be able to access audicorporatesales.com and get the list...
Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: That may be correct. Our deal with IBM was a 6% discount which my dealer

My Audi dealer honoured the full 6% discount (I work for IBM). The fine print on the form (see the Audi web site: http://www.thanksfromaudi.ca/) seems to indicate that the dealer is electronically reimbursed for the full amount of the discount (i.e. full 6%).

Another bonus I discovered after reading the fine print, was that this deal also included free Audi Care (free maintenance for first 4 years) as well as the 6% discount off MSRP.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Where was free Audi Care mentioned???

I just looked at the discount certificate and don't see where this was mentioned. This might be specific to the Canadian program, but doesn't seem to be in the U.S. supplier program.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's not part of the deal in the U.S.

Quick Reply: Audi Supplier Purchase Program - list of participating companies?