A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Avant will come with a manual??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avant will come with a manual??

Had to work the Boston Auto show the other day (for BMW) and I spent some time talking to one of the Audi ladies. Although probably just hired by Audi to look pretty and have some mediocre product knowledge, she did seem to be passionate about the cars and knew what she was talking about. I mentioned that I was disappointed with the lack of a manual tranny in the avant in the US and she said it is coming soon, it's just a matter of time. She mentioned that she had seen the order guide that shows the manual avant for the US??

Is she confused or is there hope? I'm a bit out of the loop..
Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Auto Show Spokesmodels tend to be idiots

Nobody's heard any mention of a manual avant. Just the opposite.

Any private input she may be getting from top Audi executives ain't in the category of information.

Last year at the L.A. auto show I spoke with a very lovely, seemingly knowledgeable, woman who told me so many incorrect things about the B8 it was making my head spin. She said, among other things, that the body was going to be basically the same as the B7, that audi had gotten out of the audicare business and that any service contract would only apply to the dealer who sold the car. And on and on.

Then, when I asked her if many dealers offer loaners during service, she said no and told me, without any hint of irony, that that's one of the reasons she drives a bmw. And that that was a really great car.

A real stunner. From a real stunner.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I thought it was already known that the Avant was coming with a manual mid-09?

At least that's the word I got from an Audi customer service rep when I submitted a complaint about it on their website.