A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

average "New To Me 2010 A4" post

Old 09-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default average "New To Me 2010 A4" post

As you can tell from the title, I bought myself an A4.

Facts:
2010 Audi A4
2.0t Quattro
Premium Plus
Brilliant Black with Black interior
Drove it off the lot with 89,992 (read below on why miles don't scare me)
Keep in mind that I am 17 and still attend high school and work part time, so I don't have tons of time on my hands.

Thoughts:
With my previous car being a 2007 BMW 328i, I wanted something that was not as twitchy. Almost every move I made in this car (i.e. accelerate, brake, steer, breathe?) was incredibly uncomfortable. Even accelerating a bit to move from the beginning of a Starbucks drive thru to the window tossed me back. Another reason that sold me on the A4 was the steering. I loved the sporty feel of the BMW, but my god I hated it in town, in parking garages, parking lots, etc. The Audi was simply better to drive around town, and sharpens right up on the highway. Quattro is a dream and necessity too, especially since where I live gets an average of around 100 inches.

Help needed on:
The previous owner was for sure not the best at keeping the car detailed on the outside. The deck lid is covered in fine scratches, drivers side looks like he had cacti on the side of his driveway that he regularly ran into, and theres a nasty bit of curb rash on the front right wheel. Exhaust note could be a bit more sporty, but it doesn't bother me enough to care.

Moral of the story:
Any tips on making the wheel look less terrible? It's fairly prominent and easy to spot from afar. Should I try to plastidip it in silver and hope it matches well? Maybe do all the wheels in the same silver?
As for the scratches around the car, I am fairly handy with a polisher and should be able to get those out. Worst case scenario, I hire a detailer for the day.
As for the exhaust note, should I try to remove the resonator and see what that does? I don't care enough to install a new system, just modify the current one a little bit for a bit more rumble.

About the mileage:
The vehicle's carfax was very nice. All Audi dealer serviced very regularly, no accidents, nothing at all that made me cringe. I am friends with the owner of an indy Euro dealer, who happens to own a gorgeous S8.

And I know, pics or it didn't happen, so I'll attach a few mediocre pictures of the A4, as well as what I traded for it, all taken on my iPhone 4s because my 6s hasn't been delivered yet. Bare with me.
Attached Images