A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Got an A7, wanna ask some questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an A7, wanna ask some questions :)

Hey guys! First post here

Greetings from Dubai.

I sold my beloved A6 avant few weeks back, and went for a 2011 A7.

After that I came across the forum and read almost all the threads, I think I've got a lot of info about the car.

I'd say it's pretty worth for around 40000 Dirhams (around $ 12,000) extra switching from a A6 avant to an A7. Since the old engine is 2.0T and 2010 model. I feel pretty different in both mechanical and technology departments

Audi as a brand is not popular at all here in Dubai, Toyota and its Japanese friends rule here. So most of the garage are not targeting Audi. And A7 is particularly rare in Dubai coz Arabs seems prefer a sedan instead of a hatchback.

Few minor issues I noticed about the car, I feel the garages here knew very few knowledge about A7 and the dealership (Al Naboodah) takes around 1 month to book and do the check-up. I think it's better looking for some help here

1. Since it's a used car, I've got all 4 tyres changed form P Zeros to Yokohama ADVAN Sports 265/35R20. After that I feel the car making a lot of noise when I drive more than 70km/h. I got my rims, bearing and tie rods check-up, everything is fine. Is that possible the tyres making all the humming noise?

2. And I noticed something strange, when I drive low speed, usually 15 km/h at D1 or D2 without pressing the pedal, the car rides very unsmooth. I can feel the sudden speed reduce around 10km/h, and I did not even press brake.

3. Recently I was very interested to do a tuning job for the car. Both APR and Revo have a official branch here in Dubai. And revo gave a very good quote on there upgrades. First of all, I really wanna hear some feedbacks and opinions about Revo vs APR. And second, since Revo have a S Tronic upgrade for the gearbox, I would like to know what type of gearbox do I have. I'm not sure it's S Tronic or Tip Tronic, but the one I have is 7-speed. Is there some way I can check it out?

Again, very happy to join the forum, and pardon me for my horrible english.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

1. Probably the tires when on certain surfaces
2. Can't diagnose on the internet;could be several things. Get Ross-Tech VCDS cable/ Vag-Com software and scan the car for fault codes
3. 7 speed is S-tronic (DSG), 8 speed is tiptronic
Old 09-01-2015, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
1. Probably the tires when on certain surfaces
2. Can't diagnose on the internet;could be several things. Get Ross-Tech VCDS cable/ Vag-Com software and scan the car for fault codes
3. 7 speed is S-tronic (DSG), 8 speed is tiptronic
Thanks, I went a tyre shop today and going to swap with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tomorrow. Hopefully the first issue gonna get resolved.

Regarding to the VCDS Cable, I did some research and the "VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Unlimted VIN (All VAG)" on Ross-Tech Store: VCDS is the cheapest one I can get right? Is there any recommendation on the cable?