A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

B8 2.0 TFSI 155 kW

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 2.0 TFSI 155 kW

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and joined specifically to ask the following question
I'm planning on buying a manual B8 A4 2.0 TFSI with 155 kW / 211PS, and I want to ECU tune it directly after buying, the tune should bump the PS up from 211 to 260 and the torque from 350 Nm to 400 Nm, but are there any parts in the powertrain or transmission that might not be able to handle this amount of power?

Old 12-31-2018, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The stock engine and transmission will handle the new power no problem. Good choice in finding a manual! The only thing that comes to mind that may need some attention is the diverter valve. If your car has a diaphragm style diverter valve, it may rupture with the higher boost levels associated with a tune. This part is a common point of failure on stock cars as well leading to a boost leak. There have been a number of revisions to this part, and they updated it from a diaphram to a piston valve. If your car has the piston, you should be okay, otherwise, you can pick one up for about $50. Another performance oriented option is the Go Fast Bits DV+. This part replaces the hardware of the stock DV so that it holds pressure better and can open and close more quickly while using the stock DV solenoid. This part can be found on amazon for $120.
Amazon Amazon

That is where I would start, with a tune and the upgraded valve. Those are probably the best bang-for-your-buck mods that this car has to offer, and they really change it quite a bit. Good luck on the purchase, and welcome!
Old 01-02-2019, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by adrianreece
The stock engine and transmission will handle the new power no problem. Good choice in finding a manual! The only thing that comes to mind that may need some attention is the diverter valve. If your car has a diaphragm style diverter valve, it may rupture with the higher boost levels associated with a tune. This part is a common point of failure on stock cars as well leading to a boost leak. There have been a number of revisions to this part, and they updated it from a diaphram to a piston valve. If your car has the piston, you should be okay, otherwise, you can pick one up for about $50. Another performance oriented option is the Go Fast Bits DV+. This part replaces the hardware of the stock DV so that it holds pressure better and can open and close more quickly while using the stock DV solenoid. This part can be found on amazon for $120. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is where I would start, with a tune and the upgraded valve. Those are probably the best bang-for-your-buck mods that this car has to offer, and they really change it quite a bit. Good luck on the purchase, and welcome!
Perfect response to the question. This is certainly the most common and definitely best bang for your buck mod to a turbocharged Audi/VW. One thing to be weary of is your warranty which is the only reason I have not done this to my 2.0T. From what I gather, this will completely void any coverage on the turbo and motor.

However, I have also been told it’s kind of a gamble and really comes down to what the mechanic reports and/or finds while fixing any issue that would fall under your warranty. Of course if you don’t have a warranty this is not a concern.