A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

B8 ordered today - color decision

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 ordered today - color decision

I just factory ordered an A4 Prem+ today with 6MT, 18" 5 spoke wheels, Bang and Olufsen, dark wood.
I have a B7 end of the run Spec Edition Avant 6MT, Convenience package,Sport Sus that was also a factory order delivered in April 2008.
My Audis have been 1) 2005.5 ( early B7) Quartz Gray 2) the Avant in Quartz Gray and now - I ordered Meteor Gray.
Before these it was a 2002.5 B5 Passat GLX 5MT , Reflex Silver.
I almost went to Deep Blue because I feel like a change from 8 years of silver - the car that is in the other half of the garage currently shall remain nameless but is Silver as well.
We couldn't agree on an interior color to go wth the blue.
Meteor and Black look good - but we also like the Quartz / Black of the Avant.
I went with Meteor but now have second thoughts about staying with Quartz.
Any pics of Meteor Gray out there?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find meteor gray extremely flat-looking on overcast days. Considering that's a fair number of days here in New England, I find it too depressing a color compared to the other choices.

Both my wife and I like Deep Sea Blue, but it really does look black often, and will suffer from the same 'impossible to keep clean for more than 5 mins' disease.

My C6 A6 was blue on black and I loved the combo. I drive a Red on black now, and my wife has a Quartz over light gray Q5, which I think works well.

Another option in the Deep Sea Blue is maybe cardamom? I really dislike the Cinnamon interior.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

On same boat here, I like the meteor gray best, wife likes the black more...couldn't come to agreement today, hopefully, one side will win by Monday.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

i'm coming from deep sea blue, going to meteor gray. i liked dsb but wanted a change - keeping it clean was a chore though the wheels would need cleaning long before the body.

meteor gray was my wife's pick, i was leaning toward quartz gray. i'll receive the car in a month and am really looking forward to it. i think quartz is a safe bet but perhaps too safe (nit picky). i think meteor wil be a more interesting color, especially with the pearl effect. one thing i'm sure of, is that the B8 is an awesome car and either color will make you happy.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My 2009 A4 was Meteor. It looked great in the sun and showroom.

However once under the normal British skies it simply looked dull and flat. When I changed to the 2010 A4 I changed to Aruba Blue.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Consistent and safe

We decided today to stick with Quartz Gray...order has already been changed.
Can't get Aruba Blue in a Sedan - but would have considered it.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I should have chimed in sooner! I was deciding between between DSB and Brilliant Black, but found the Meteor Gray to be far more "dynamic" based on the different colours of Meteor. There are so many greys and silvers and blacks out there, I really wanted something unique. I'm glad I went with Meteor....I get a ton of compliments on the colour.....except early in the morning and early dusk.....the blues and green tones are not the best.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the reply....I don't know about meteor with that outfit though.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Crucible35
I should have chimed in sooner! I was deciding between between DSB and Brilliant Black, but found the Meteor Gray to be far more "dynamic" based on the different colours of Meteor. There are so many greys and silvers and blacks out there, I really wanted something unique. I'm glad I went with Meteor....I get a ton of compliments on the colour.....except early in the morning and early dusk.....the blues and green tones are not the best.
I also have meteor (Check out my Album), I personally love the colour. I often receive positive comments on the way it changes under different light, even on dark gloomy days. The chrome around the windows and the wheels are really done justice with the darker tones, I believe meteor is one of them.

On a side note, I had Audi install the A4 winter wheel package. They are 16" and I am not impressed.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Seems we have twin vehicles. I too have a Meteor Avant and Audi 16's for winter wheels and I agree with all you say.

To the OP both shades of grey look great on the A4 so your choice is yours and a good one

Quick Reply: B8 ordered today - color decision