A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Dear Audi: It's Winter again and these wiper blades still suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well well well. Amazon Update just in.....
<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle" width="20%" bgcolor="#ddddcc" height="28" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="79%" bgcolor="#ddddcc"> These items are being prepared for shipment, and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. (Learn more about Amazon.com's Returns Policy.) </td> <td valign="top" width="10" align="right" bgcolor="#ddddcc"></td> </tr> </tbody></table> Delivery estimate:January 26, 2011 - January 29, 2011
Old 01-20-2011, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The wiper arms seem thin and the blades seem weak and flimsy. The Audi needs to have a stronger, more aggressive wiper assembly. Especially since these cars are built for inclement weather. You would think they would produce wipers to match the rest of the car

And as for the washer fluid sprayer...sheesh.....It would be nice if the fluid actually reached high enough to clean the top half of where the wiper goes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trlyka
The wiper arms seem thin and the blades seem weak and flimsy. The Audi needs to have a stronger, more aggressive wiper assembly. Especially since these cars are built for inclement weather. You would think they would produce wipers to match the rest of the car

And as for the washer fluid sprayer...sheesh.....It would be nice if the fluid actually reached high enough to clean the top half of where the wiper goes

No problems with Audi wipers here in Germany. :???:

You can adjust where the spray hits the windshield.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
No problems with Audi wipers here in Germany. :???:

You can adjust where the spray hits the windshield.
I don't know if the sprayers can be adjusted on our cars in the US. I would doubt it since I have read others complaining about the same thing, but I don't know for sure.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trlyka
I don't know if the sprayers can be adjusted on our cars in the US. I would doubt it since I have read others complaining about the same thing, but I don't know for sure.

I'm just stationed in Germany, I don't live here, so I still buy and drive US spec cars.

There's a tool the dealers have that is essentially a really thin bat that goes into the sprayer outlet and has a "handle" on it. That handle is what use you use to aim the sprayer. Just point it at where you want it to go. You can do it with a paperclip as well. I did it on my GTI and it has the same sprayers.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's unbelievable how bad these wipers are.
I got a 2" tall blob of snow between the windshield and the far end of the passenger side wiper after driving a half hour in snow today. The wiper was half in the air.

What's up with this craze to not use wipers with the old style metal frames with multiple points of contact? I recently ordered wipers for my wife's IS250 and I got the new crap.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got my set of Aerotwins in the mail yesterday. They seem much more sturdy than the OEM blades. As far as performance, I have yet to have any issues.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
I'm just stationed in Germany, I don't live here, so I still buy and drive US spec cars.

There's a tool the dealers have that is essentially a really thin bat that goes into the sprayer outlet and has a "handle" on it. That handle is what use you use to aim the sprayer. Just point it at where you want it to go. You can do it with a paperclip as well. I did it on my GTI and it has the same sprayers.
Good to know. Thanks! I will certainly check the sprayer when I get a chance. Do you think Audi will adjust it for free? It seems like a fixable defect in a way, so maybe they will.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got an email from Amazon today saying my order was canceled. Went back to the site and it showed Amazon (as opposed to Auto Barn) had the wipers in stock, so I ordered them again. Just got my notice that Amazon has shipped the blades. Should be here by the 26th.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dirtysoil
Just got my set of Aerotwins in the mail yesterday. They seem much more sturdy than the OEM blades. As far as performance, I have yet to have any issues.
I thought there were no after market blades that would fit
Where did you order them from?

Quick Reply: Dear Audi: It's Winter again and these wiper blades still suck